Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I cant believe what I did tonight........

Old 12-07-2006, 07:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: I cant believe what I did tonight........

Nope.

I would have shot them both and they would be on their way to becoming sausage in the morning.

1 hot and 1 mild
I hear you there buddy. Well I atleast would have taken the buck for sure.
Old 12-07-2006, 08:21 AM
Giant Nontypical

Congrats treedreamer, so many people inPA cannot fathom the idea of letting a legal buck walk.
Old 12-07-2006, 09:58 AM
Fork Horn

Admitting you have a problem is the first step to recovery - "Hello, I am Khris and I am a bow huntingaholic!!"
Old 12-07-2006, 10:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

If you want to hunt with your bow, and it's legal, why did you bring your gun?

I however love gun hunting. It is a time where I can get off the stand and stalk. I normally have a deer in mind by this point in the season, and instead of being in the stand waiting to shot him from a longer distance, I get down and go get him.

My 11-87 is perfect for the job!
Old 12-07-2006, 10:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ive purposly not been hunting the last week cause i dont wanna kill the buck im hunting w/ a gun, and yes i could take a bow, but i dont think i have the fortitude to not grab the gun instead
Old 12-07-2006, 11:46 AM

I take the gun out once per year....opening day in PA only. This year, I took it to my new favorite bow spot and set up about 50 yards from my bow tree. I also took the video camera because I was only going to shoot an 8 point or better. I saw like 7 deer, including a big doe and legal six point but let them all walk. Right before dark, I had a nice 8 point walk by. I picked the gun up but decided not to shoot. It just didn't seem right to kill him with a shotgun. I would have arrowed him without a second thought. I started kicking myself for not shooting and it still haunts me a bit but hopefully, he surivives gun season and into next year. I tried to scare him into a huge elephant grass field as I left so he would be safe in there(No one else hunts the property but the neighbors were blasting away all day). Hopefully he makes that elephant grass his home until sat and decides to come out of if Dec 26th....I am with you on the bow hunting kill being much more satisfying