Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

new setup help

Old 12-06-2006, 09:05 PM

Default new setup help

hello i am new to archery and am getting a fred bear tr3000 for x mas. i am completely new to archery. but i realize this is not the best bow out there. i am just looking for something to sling the arrow.. unless its that bad, im sticking with it. it comes with a sight, quiver, and others... what i am wondering is about everything else i will need, type of arrows, and pretty much just anything else... i know this is broad but i guess i am just wondering what all to purchase while i am there to get set up. any help is much appreciated. thank you
Old 12-06-2006, 09:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: new setup help

I would hit up your local archery shop and they should set you up with the properly spined arrow and the right grained broadhead and everything. They will help you paper-tune your bow and everything.
Old 12-06-2006, 09:15 PM
Fork Horn

yeah and go ahead and shoot it alot to find out what you like and don't like about the current set-up. A quailty bow shop can help you through the remedy and all the money in your wallet!
Old 12-06-2006, 09:20 PM

Fred bear makes a really good bow.... for the price you cant beat them... take it to your archery shop and they will hook you up.. its what they do.. if you want a good, cheap broadhead... i shoot first cut expandables 100gr. from walmart.. they r inexpensive but the arrow flys like it does with a field tip.. and puts a huge hole in the deer...