Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Question.... Would you rather....

Old 12-07-2006, 08:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Question.... Would you rather....

I'd hunt the lower population density area. If I were a rookie I'd probably hunt the higher population just for gaining experience, knowledge,and getting to witness more deer activity. But as an experienced hunterI would rather hunt the bigger bucks.In my opinion,if you're a knowledgable hunter, you should'nt havemuchtrouble setting up andseeing deer consistantlyon eitherproperty. Actually, this is kind of a history of my own hunting career to this point. I grew up hunting higher population densities with smaller bucks. I went through that trial and error phase (I don't know if we ever get out of that phase)and now I huntlowerdeer densityareas with bigger bucks and try to apply the lessons I learned.
Old 12-07-2006, 09:45 AM

High population. I don't get a lot of time to hunt, so Itry to make the most of it. I like big racks as much as anybody else, I just don't get that kind of time to sit around and wait for them.

But I reallywouldn't care what it what like if it was 300 acres, from what I'm used to, I could make alot happen on a place that size.
Old 12-07-2006, 11:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

qualityversus quantity ... i'd take the lower deer density scenario