Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Mounts; simple question.

Old 12-06-2006, 10:23 PM

Default RE: Mounts; simple question.

ORIGINAL: Cloudster

Washinton hunter I am wondering what part of washington you are from? From your pictures it looks like Spokane.

C
You'd be correct.

Pictures were taken on Mica Peak, looking south.
Old 12-07-2006, 05:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

That's a shame.

Anyhow, most good taxidermists will have capes and they will charge you $30-$70 for the cape in my area. I just traded the cape of my NY rifle buck to a taxidermist for his services to cut, boil, and bleach the skull for a european mount. Now he will use that cape for mounting someone elses deer. I have a rack from years ago I plan to do this with someday.........he isn't huge but will probably be the most fulfilling and memorable hunt I will ever see so eventually he will get mounted.
Old 12-07-2006, 07:07 AM
Giant Nontypical

just to ad to this even though it has already been answered. yes you can. I had two remounted after getting damaged in a home fire. My taxi had extra capes he keeps in the freezer and he made them fit like a glove. you would never know the capes came from other bucks. Hope it works out.
Dan

Old 12-08-2006, 11:41 AM

ORIGINAL: Washington Hunter

Washinton hunter I am wondering what part of washington you are from? From your pictures it looks like Spokane.

C
You'd be correct.

I am from Spokane as well, I hunt over by the towers (browns Mt.) I have some land up there, nice deer by the way.

C
Old 12-08-2006, 02:55 PM

ORIGINAL: Washington Hunter

C
You'd be correct.

I am from Spokane as well, I hunt over by the towers (browns Mt.) I have some land up there, nice deer by the way.

C
Thanks.

Yeah, we've got some private property here on Mica that we hunt, we've also got a small piece of private land around Colville that we hunt turkeys on, I haven't ventured up there for deer yet.

We also go way north to Vulcan Mt for Mulies in September, but thats all state land. A lot like hunting private during archery season though, you're lucky to see one other truck with a hunter driving it in September.