Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Which bow should I chose?

Old 12-06-2006, 07:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Which bow should I chose?

I shoot a bowtech and love it, but definately shoot them all and see which one YOU like the best
Old 12-06-2006, 07:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

this is turning into my kind of thread.
Old 12-06-2006, 07:58 PM

yeah you should still test teh bows and pick one that you like,[even though its going to be a bowtech]
Old 12-06-2006, 09:21 PM
Fork Horn

I did the same thing and bought the bowtech tribute, the only thing I don't like about it is the break point. ( when you are in full draw, the widow that turns on the let off, it can turn off with little movement but practice corrects it)
Old 12-06-2006, 10:05 PM
Site Bouncer

I agree with most here, get out a shoot a few on your list if you can. One may just stand out, don't worry about the name on the limb, all on your list will dispatch deer just fine.

Of the ones on your list I have only shot the Rapture. I bought it in a garage sale. It's actually a Guide Series Tec hunter made by Bowtech/Diamond for sale at Gander Mountian only. It's the exact same bow as the Rapture only with a different grip and it has different cut-outs in the riser, cam and idler.

I was very impressed with this bow, it shoots great, feels good in my hand and is light. I had it for only about a week or soand decided to hunt with it, that's how comfortable it felt.........works too

All of my Brownings are giving me dirty looks now[&:]
Old 12-07-2006, 11:20 AM

Why shoot a bowtech when a hoyt is a hundred dollars cheaper and a much better bow? I shoot a hoyt vectrix and its the smoothest shooting bow on the market! I noticed that you have the Highlander on your list, before my vectrix I shot a superslam and loved it!!!
Old 12-07-2006, 11:52 AM
Site Bouncer

ORIGINAL: jlm177

Why shoot a bowtech when a hoyt is a hundred dollars cheaper and a much better bow? I shoot a hoyt vectrix and its the smoothest shooting bow on the market! I noticed that you have the Highlander on your list, before my vectrix I shot a superslam and loved it!!!
Why shoot a Hoyt when a Browning is two hundred dollars cheaper and a much better bow? You see what is "the best bow" for one guy is a loud hand buzzing bow for another, that's why he needs to shoot a few to get an idea of what HE likes.

I'm glad you like your Hoyt, me I haven't spent more thana few hundreddollars on a bow in a long time, mosty just find them used. I find there are great deals to be had from those who just HAVE to buy the newest and greatest thing out there. Most of the time they need the cash to buy it and are willing to deal on their one or two year old bow to get it.

This last one I bought, the one in the picture (a 2006 model by the way) I spent a whopping $65.00 for.

Old 12-07-2006, 12:10 PM
Fork Horn

I was in the market for a new bow and I just spent a saterday (the whole stinking day) at the pro shop shooting every bow he had that fit me. I ended up with the Hoyt Vectrix XL, I do not plan on buying another bow. My last bow lasted me 25 years!

Good luck finding the one that you like! Just remember to have fun!
Old 12-07-2006, 07:17 PM

Thanks for all the input. I shot the Bowtech Tomcat today and really liked it. I really like how it did not have the play in it when at full draw. I am still waiting on the 07 Rapture and 07 Highlander to come in.
Old 12-07-2006, 07:22 PM

Good idea, go with bowtech

Quick Reply: Which bow should I chose?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.