Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Broadhead question

Old 12-06-2006, 03:31 PM

Default Broadhead question

I'm having trouble finding broadheads that shoot accurately with my setup. My arrows are swriling and tend to hit far left consistently, is there anything I can do to tweak them or do I just keep experimenting with different types? Any insight would be appreciated, Thanks!!
Old 12-06-2006, 03:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Broadhead question

same thing with me, so i just sight in my bowwith my montec g5s, because in the end thats what you want them to shoot like any way, and when you practice with feild tips as long as you group good it wont matter.
Old 12-06-2006, 03:45 PM

It sounds like your bow isn't tuned properly. Take it to your local shop and have them take a look at it. They will probably paper tune it for you there, and make the needed adjustments. If your bow is tuned properly i dont know then. It could be that the grain broadhead isnt right for your setup. I'm sure some more knowledgeable guys on here can give you more information.
Old 12-06-2006, 03:51 PM
Typical Buck

either not tuned right or arrow is hitting your rest,wrong arrow,whatever it is your local pro shop will fix it,no problem
Old 12-06-2006, 04:03 PM

If the arrows are indeed swirling, something is out of tune. Get your bow in tune and they should at least fly straight, maybe not to the same point of impact as the field points but they have to fly straight first.
Old 12-06-2006, 04:20 PM
Fork Horn

I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM AND OUT OF ALL THE THINGS THAT COULD HAVE GONE WRONG IT WAS THE FLETCHINGS. SWITCHED TO HELICAL. DEAD NUTS
Old 12-06-2006, 04:21 PM
Fork Horn

I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM AND OUT OF ALL THE THINGS THAT COULD HAVE GONE WRONG IT WAS THE FLETCHINGS. SWITCHED TO HELICAL. DEAD NUTS
Old 12-06-2006, 04:52 PM

I had the same problemtil I went with a drop away rest. What type of rest do you have?
Old 12-06-2006, 05:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

i had the same problem and so did my friend
ORIGINAL: whitetailsoldier

Old 12-06-2006, 05:50 PM

Most likely you have rest contact. Another thing commonly is clothing contact. Try shooting with clothing which will not contact your string on release. Then try your baggy hunting type. Your broadhead flight will be magnified much worse then a field point. If your draw length is slightly to long you might be able to slap your bow arm. It might not be noticeable but happens alot. Another thing to try would be to rotate a broadhead a little at a time to improve point of impact. Once you find where it hits the best match all heads to be the same.

Quick Reply: Broadhead question

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.