Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Who knows what I am feeling...?

Old 12-05-2006, 01:58 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Who knows what I am feeling...?

Sounds like you put in a lot of time for that deer, so be disappointed that you didn't get him, but don't think that you alone deserved to kill that buck. Be happy for the guy that got him. Besides, I'm sure you'll have plenty of other opportunities at B&C bucks where you live.
Old 12-05-2006, 02:02 PM

I think we all feel for you a little bit. Does it suck that you hunted all season long with many encounters with the big buck, and this guy comes in one day and kills him? Yes it does, but he had permission, and THAT'S HUNTING. You scored a heck of a buck too, and with bore sights that's not an easy task either. Besides as another has said you live in Pike Co and I'm sure you'll have another big buck encounter. Where i live id die for the one you shot.
Old 12-05-2006, 02:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

actually i have no idea how you feel, im not lucky enough to hunt in the greatest whitetail woods place in the world, the placei hunt i could maybe try to go after a 100 " buck, but its not really the same.
Old 12-05-2006, 02:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

My gosh, be happy with the one you got. He is a beautiful buck. I understand you being disappointed, but life and deer hunting goes on. I know in Illinois a 140 class deer may be average, but in N.E. Louisiana it would be a trophy of a lifetime for most hunters. Don't worry about being a littleselfish. We all are at times, especially when it comes to hunting.
Old 12-05-2006, 02:19 PM

You and SB Gobblers should get together and comfort each other. That sucks man but such is hunting. Better to have had that happen than him get hit by a car.
Old 12-05-2006, 02:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Heck i have never even seen a 170-180 class buck in the wild.
You should be happy justknowing there bucks like that around where you hunt.
But I do see where your comming from after hunting him that hard,
hay like others sead! thats hunting! And there WILL!l be other big bucks.
Old 12-05-2006, 02:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Been there, done that... chased a nice buck only to have it killed during gun season... Just gotta move on and find another big boy... thats the beauty, deer grow big in only 4 yrs..
Old 12-05-2006, 04:54 PM
Typical Buck

80 yards not close enough? Get a muzzleloader! I understand your frustration, but don't let it get you down. Usually where there is one big one there are two or three. This time of year you never know what will come roaming through. Good luck
Old 12-05-2006, 05:48 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Double Creek

I never felt sorry for a guy that lived in Pike County Illinois, sorry.....
Yup what he said, shame you only got a 140" deer.. DUDE, I've been at it a lot longer than you and I don't have a 140" deer let alone that monster you shot last year, no sympathies from me...lol that's the difference between PA and IL...again, quote above.
Old 12-05-2006, 06:08 PM
Dominant Buck

Consider yourself fortunate to beable to hunt them and not be hunting men like the boys in Iraq at Christmas time. Consider yourself fortunate to have a woods to hunt where an "Also Ran" buck measures 140 inches. And then to have a 180 class buck running around too. You're a fortunate young man. Enjoy the hunt. Sure it's tough to set a plan and fail. That's hunting. Sometimes you win, sometimes you don't. Sometimes the other guy wins. If this is the worse disaster to strike you you'll be a very fortunate man. Enjoy the challenge and the hunt. That 180 wouldn't eat any better than the small buck. We should all be so lucky to have a place to hunt that is obviously not controlled that holds this quality of deer.

Quick Reply: Who knows what I am feeling...?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.