Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Anybody shoot without a peep? No sight?

Old 12-04-2006, 09:44 AM
Dominant Buck

Default Anybody shoot without a peep? No sight?

I'm going to be setting up a new bow (Allegiance). Is there any advantage gained by NOT using a peep? No kissser button? No sight...lol?

I'm truly interested in knowing why peopledon't utilize these.

jeff
Old 12-04-2006, 10:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Anybody shoot without a peep? No sight?

I had trouble seeing through my peep in low light conditions. So i took it off and put a No-peep on my sight... Worked really well for me, i actually shoot tighter groups. With the no peep you can even get rid of your kisser button, but i kept mine.

The only advantage other than visibility is the obvious arrow speed... taking weight off your string gives you some more fps..
Old 12-04-2006, 10:08 AM
Boone & Crockett

No peep guy, I am able to scan ahead with my bow back.

Low light is factor as will for not using one.
Old 12-04-2006, 10:49 AM
Boone & Crockett

Consistancy is the major factor because shooting out of a treestand causes most to shoot with improper form, couple that with not anchoring the same as level ground, not having a peep for most will cause your arrows to be high and low depending.

There are so many new larger diameter peeps that low light is rarely a concern along with the new fiber pins. Like I've said many times within the sight question posts, I can still see my pins when it's too dark to shoot the deer with my naked eye.

When someone has a consistant anchor point and maintains consistant form, peeps are less necessary, on level ground...treestand shooting causes other situations to overcome.

I'm not a fan of using both, a peep and a kisser but I recommend one or the other.

Also, for everyone reading, don't misinterpret "no peep" use with not having anything. There is a product called "No Peep"....it aids in alignment.

I'm even confused on what you meant Germ..

And as far as not having a sight, The Nuge does it, he cants his compound and shoots instinctively along with all the other longbow and recurve guys....on an Allegiance, I highly recommend a sight.
Old 12-04-2006, 10:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well does that some it up for ya!
ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

Consistancy is the major factor because shooting out of a treestand causes most to shoot with improper form, couple that with not anchoring the same as level ground, not having a peep for most will cause your arrows to be high and low depending.

There are so many new larger diameter peeps that low light is rarely a concern along with the new fiber pins. Like I've said many times within the sight question posts, I can still see my pins when it's too dark to shoot the deer with my naked eye.

When someone has a consistant anchor point and maintains consistant form, peeps are less necessary, on level ground...treestand shooting causes other situations to overcome.

I'm not a fan of using both, a peep and a kisser but I recommend one or the other.

Also, for everyone reading, don't misinterpret "no peep" use with not having anything. There is a product called "No Peep"....it aids in alignment.

I'm even confused on what you meant Germ..

And as far as not having a sight, The Nuge does it, he cants his compound and shoots instinctively along with all the other longbow and recurve guys....on an Allegiance, I highly recommend a sight.
Old 12-04-2006, 10:53 AM
Boone & Crockett

I do not use a peep Are we clear now[8D]
Old 12-04-2006, 11:03 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Germ

I do not use a peep Are we clear now[8D]

Old 12-04-2006, 11:09 AM
Super Moderator

I never used to use a peep but I started bowfishing more and my one bowfishing bow had a 28" draw, my other had a 27" draw and my recurve I drew to about 25". (no sights on any of them) After a summer of that, when I picked up my hunting compound... my consistancy left much to be desired.

So now my hunting bow (26.5" draw) has a Hindsight on it. I can now shoot all summer with my variable draw/no sight bows and still pick up the 'hunting' bow and be accurate with it.

Old 12-04-2006, 11:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

yea, i use the product "No-peep" and love it!

I found (atleast for me) that going to a larger diameter peep leaves room for some inconsistency...
Old 12-04-2006, 11:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'm going to be setting up a new bow (Allegiance). Is there any advantage gained by NOT using a peep? No kissser button? No sight...lol?

I'm truly interested in knowing why peopledon't utilize these.
There are three I can think of:

1. You will not have to rely on anything but yourself. Well some of the things anyway.
2.The bowshould be quicker pointing.
3. Daylight should not become an issue as long as you can see the spot you need to hit (and follow game laws). I know of a fellow that practices in the complete dark, he uses a pen laser on the target as an aiming point. I'll have to try that some time.

Quick Reply: Anybody shoot without a peep? No sight?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.