Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Why can't they predict the weather better?

Old 12-04-2006, 08:19 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Why can't they predict the weather better?

ORIGINAL: Rickmur

The weather forecast is general because they can't predict every little breeze .
20-30 mph winds with gusts up to 40+ is not a little breeze when the prediction was 5-10 mph winds.
My point was that there are so many microclimates within a given forecast area that it's impossible for them to guess for each one . The local weather guesser will be wrong 60% of the time , I do better than that poking my head out of the window and sniffing the breeze .
Old 12-04-2006, 08:24 AM
Boone & Crockett

I was wondering the same thing this morning as the tree I was sitting in was bending sideways. I cut my morning hunt short I was getting sea sick [:@]
Old 12-05-2006, 09:20 PM
Fork Horn

Yeah dave it seems the weather people around here are always wrong exspecially with the wind. Most of the time I watch channel 8 weather which is basically PA weather. Butwhen you look at it we are closer to PA then Baltimore soI think they are more accurate.
Old 12-06-2006, 06:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

It gets 3% better every year. However it is from a very small base. I kind of wish I had gone to school to study weather. I'm really interested in that stuff.

Tom
Old 12-06-2006, 09:05 AM

who careswhat the weather is going to do?Ilike theunknown and the challenge of adapting tothe conditions. Some of my best days in the stand have started out bleak as far asthe weather is concerned.

If i were in the middle of nowhere inMontana or Colorado, I would probably be more concerned with accurate weather forecasts.
Old 12-06-2006, 09:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bowtech die hard

I always go outside before I go hunting to check out what it's doing and I'll get online and check what it's supposed to do during the day. The problem is you can't really rely on the weather forecast for what's going to happen until the day of the forecast. I know, it's frustrating. I hate it too.
Thats about the way i have learned to do things.
I will check what the weather is supposed to do the the night before i hunt.
But when i get up i walk outside to check for myself[&:].
Old 12-06-2006, 09:30 AM
Dominant Buck

Because they are way too busy predicting global warming for the next 1000 years they don't have time for what's really going to happen tomorrow.
Old 12-06-2006, 09:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: t roy

who careswhat the weather is going to do?Ilike theunknown and the challenge of adapting tothe conditions. Some of my best days in the stand have started out bleak as far asthe weather is concerned.

If i were in the middle of nowhere inMontana or Colorado, I would probably be more concerned with accurate weather forecasts.
Amen brother. I guarentee you one thing and that is that you will never harvest an animal laying in bed or sitting on the couch at the house. Throw on some layers of clothes and get out in the woods. I live out here in the flatlands of IL and the wind is constantly blowing out here. If I ever let the wind stop me from hunting I would never be in the woods. I plan on going out in the morning and the forecast as of now for tomorrow morning is:Mostly cloudy with scattered flurries. Much colder. Lows around 11. Breezy. Northwest winds 10 to 15 mph increasing to 15 to 20 mph with gusts to around 30 mph, afternoon high of 20. Guess what I will be in the woods. Sorry for the rant just my .02
Old 12-06-2006, 02:25 PM

only job i know of, where you can always be wrong and still get paid.
Old 12-06-2006, 04:20 PM

Can never count on those weather people...

Quick Reply: Why can't they predict the weather better?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.