Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Dogs

Old 12-04-2006, 06:00 AM

Default RE: Dogs

I think it's illegel in NC to shoot dogs no matter if its your land or not unless they are threateining or harming livestock. It is an my part anyway, hunting with hounds is legal and popular in my part of the state and that would be asking for trouble. Better to find another way to deal with this. Call the pound or local animal control authorities
Old 12-04-2006, 06:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

I believe SSS means shoot shovel and shut-up!
Old 12-04-2006, 07:21 PM

Three words - hot dog Temik!!! No seriously, if they don't have on collars I would probably shoot them. I love dogs (own two and mom works for vet) but if you approach them you don't know what could happen. If they don't have collars or tags to identify them as vaccinated, etc. I would not risk getting myself hurt over some obvious strays. I'm not trying to be cruel but you never know what could happen when you approach them.
Old 12-05-2006, 09:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would go to the owners and be straight forward. Tell them that the next time they are on your land, they will be shot. If they care, they will take care of it, if they don't you will. Bring a rifle while hunting and kill them. Problem is, if you don't shoot them square, they'll scream, and it will be obvious what has happened to anyone within hearing distance.
Old 12-05-2006, 09:51 AM

this was brought up about a month ago and it was very touchy with some folks ,,but yesterday it happened to me also ,had a young buck come out runnin with 5 dogs right on him my first reaction was to get the lead dogs ,but i let em go cause it was primetime 10 min before dark,then here they come again this time after a young doe,so i stood up out of my blind to get a better prop on a little high spot ,and when they seen me they stoped the chase and started barking and raising #ell at me .[that wasnt very smart] i was holding my 7mm stw,so i just fliped by bypods out on the ground and the little lead dog went down ,the others scattered ,but about 200 yds out one of his buddys stoped to look back for his little partner thats when he got smoked aswell.and ill be looking for the other 3 today and i hope i find em ,,cause the coyotes really like em.,,,,,its sad that we spend so much time getting ready for deer season taking off work ,vac days and everything else ,then you have these punk dogs runnin all the deer ,,thats just one thing that i will not tollerate.ps i got one with the 50 cal ml 2 weeks ago also ...smoked him...
Old 12-05-2006, 10:01 AM

I have had this problem a few times and talked to the owner. My father had spoken with the owner numerous times but he decided to do nothing about it. My arrow did the job.
Old 12-05-2006, 10:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: swamp rooster

this was brought up about a month ago and it was very touchy with some folks ,,but yesterday it happened to me also ,had a young buck come out runnin with 5 dogs right on him my first reaction was to get the lead dogs ,but i let em go cause it was primetime 10 min before dark,then here they come again this time after a young doe,so i stood up out of my blind to get a better prop on a little high spot ,and when they seen me they stoped the chase and started barking and raising #ell at me .[that wasnt very smart] i was holding my 7mm stw,so i just fliped by bypods out on the ground and the little lead dog went down ,the others scattered ,but about 200 yds out one of his buddys stoped to look back for his little partner thats when he got smoked aswell.and ill be looking for the other 3 today and i hope i find em ,,cause the coyotes really like em.,,,,,its sad that we spend so much time getting ready for deer season taking off work ,vac days and everything else ,then you have these punk dogs runnin all the deer ,,thats just one thing that i will not tollerate.ps i got one with the 50 cal ml 2 weeks ago
also ...smoked him...

I wouldn't be too proud of this statement! But thats just me!
Old 12-05-2006, 10:54 AM

good job ,you had a problem and you handled it ,out of sight out of mind, thats the only way to be,even if you do talk to the owners there most of the time gona say its not my dogs,then when they dont come home he automaticly gona say you killed em ,and it will be hard feelings between you for a long time.so if you just take care of what you do yourself everyone will get along .dont mean to hurt any feelings out there but thats just the way it is..p.s. and i have 6 dogs myself and love em alot.
Old 12-05-2006, 11:31 AM
Giant Nontypical

shoot em in th eguts with a low caliber hand gun like a 22 and let em suffer theyll go along way before dyeing.
Old 12-05-2006, 11:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

shoot em in th eguts with a low caliber hand gun like a 22 and let em suffer theyll go along way before dyeing.
That's a bit disturbing. [>:]

Quick Reply: Dogs

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.