Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Parker Buckshot
12.00%
Reflex Excursion
72.00%
Fred Bear Odyssey Package
10.00%
PSE Nova
6.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Which bow, lol Need help from Ya'll.

Old 12-04-2006, 09:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Which bow, lol Need help from Ya'll.

i have the pse nova, and its definitley the bow to get if your just starting out, or are a kid, it has insane adjustments, and i can group 4 arrows withing 5 inches of each other from 50 yards with a WB on. Its a bit noisy, but sims products fix it up. i highly recommend it for just starting out, you cant go wrong for the price!

EDIT: plus my uncle has a matthews switch back, and i can group better than him with it, and that makes him really mad because he payed about 300 more bucks than me, and has been hunting for 20 more years than me, and i dont even have the best shot in the world.

also its on sale at cabelas right now for only $229!
Old 12-04-2006, 09:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

Rob.

For a beginner I would have to suggest either the Reflex or the Nova, with the Nova probably being the better choice because of the brace and the longer ATA specially for a beginner he will be able to hold it a little more steadyier than a short ATA bow.

Just my thoughts of course
Old 12-04-2006, 02:56 PM

I voted the Excursion, for a few reasons. It's got a good mix of a generous brace height, good ATA and good speed. Yeah, the Nova has a longer ATA, but unless he's gonna shoot fingers, it's almost too long, IMO...and slower. I will admit I don't have any experience w/ the Nova, but I do w/ the Excursion. Man alive, is that an awesome bow, especially for the money.

I am not a fan of Parker. We USED to see them at our shop, but we had so many problems w/ the bows themselves and the customer service that we said screw it. And Bear....well....I just don't really have anything good to say about them either. We see quite a few of those at the shop as well, and they are not only a PITA to work on, but they are made.....well.......cheap. Just my .02.
Old 12-04-2006, 03:45 PM
Super Moderator

I'd go with the Reflex as well. A buddy of mine who is a very experienced shooter/bowhunter bought a new lesser priced Reflex(forgot the model) just to hunt with. He loves it!
Old 12-04-2006, 06:16 PM

Reflex think could be the best!
Old 12-04-2006, 06:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

Rob im leaning toward the reflex to, i know some people who have one and have nothing bad to say about it. My son used to have a pse nova-ac that had the arson cam and it was a great bow. He would still have it but it got torched in a home fire.
Dan
Old 12-04-2006, 06:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

heck rob for 350 he can buy my hoyt fully rigged out with everything including a case and 4 arrows just needs a release and heck i even got a cheaper on of them i can throw in
Old 12-04-2006, 07:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

buy this one, its only 869 bucks!

Old 12-04-2006, 07:41 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: ABarOfSoap

buy this one, its only 869 bucks!

Bar, did ya even read the post? If that were his budget, I'd have them buy a Bowtech...
Old 12-04-2006, 07:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

i know i was kidding, because the price is insane on that bow.

Quick Reply: Which bow, lol Need help from Ya'll.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.