Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Deer Mount Prices

Old 12-02-2006, 10:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Deer Mount Prices

I paid $400 for mine, and it's awesome quality
Old 12-02-2006, 10:18 PM

mine only cost me 260 an the best mount i had so far an i droped a few deer this season for my crop permit but yes a nice price only 260 i had one done for 400 an it sucked well see ya
Old 12-02-2006, 11:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Find several that do good work, then find out which one has the best price. 400.00 and up around here. Dont just look at the pretty ones in the shop fresh done, look at some that are several years old! When I lived in KY. I had one of the so called best over in Boonville In, do 4 for Me and withen 2 years thay had fallen apart, withen months the ears had drumed, and split, and down hill from there. The last one I got in Kansas, befor moving to Mi. I left with my Son in law, said he knew a good one, He lied!! when thay (Daughter and Son in law) brought it up to MI. for me You could have fried an egg on my head! It was the biggest injustice to a 22" 10 pointer you ever seen. Not only did the guy let the hair slip on it, the horns were layed way to far back, and I kid you not, it had the overall appearance of a CARTOONE CARICATURE!!!! Well, now thatI havepissed myself off I better go Befor Rob has to red line me. Good Luck.
Old 12-03-2006, 12:17 AM
Bartender

$375 partial sneak this year. Dave Funk, Kenosha, Wi
Old 12-03-2006, 01:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

300 bucks at the place i go. It takes 6 months to get back too. I took one out there last saturday and he said he had nearly 100 heads in to do. Said he was gonna quit taking them at 100 becuase he took up another job 3 days a week. Last year he did around 240.
Old 12-03-2006, 01:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

I just got my last year's buck back about a month ago. I had an acquaintance do that one. He had done another for me about 5 years ago. The first one he charged 200 and this one was 250. He does good work, but not the best I've seen. The bow buck I killed earlier this year and decided to have mounted I took to a guy that's been in business a long, long time and does top notch work. He is charging 395 for a shoulder mount.

I looked around on the web at prices and saw mostly 400-500 dollars.
Old 12-03-2006, 10:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Tribal

I am in Minnesota also and I pay $500 per shoulder mount. It is expensive but he does excellent deer.
Hey Tribal, where do you go to have yours done? I took mine this year to Tom 's Taxidermy in Clarks Grove. I was just wondering if that is where you go.
Old 12-03-2006, 11:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

I paid $375 for my last mount and he does quality work
Old 12-03-2006, 11:29 AM
Spike

I have my bow kill from this year at the taxidermist right now, where he charges $500. It's the second one I've had done and my dad had all three of his done there. Obviously his prices have changed over the years but the quality is a given. I paid $450 for mine last year. I just think that I'd rather pay the money and be perfectly happy rather than cheapin' out and being very upset. It's gonna be on the wall forever...
Old 12-03-2006, 11:39 AM
Super Moderator

Its been a while since I had one mounted, but I am totally shocked at some of the prices I see posted. Around here it costs $300-$350 for quality mounts. The guy I would trust the most has almost completely given it up do to lack of time and getting lazy. Another guy who is great only does a limited amount because his regular job works him so many hours.

Quick Reply: Deer Mount Prices

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.