Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Its Like a race track out there!!

Old 11-21-2002, 03:39 PM

Default Its Like a race track out there!!

This morning Does running all around. Bucks grunting like crazy. Then another Buck chasing a doe.
I grunt,bleat,fart,scream,roar,whistle,snort and they don't stop. Just non stop running. I found a good doe pattern this past week and kept waiting for the bucks to come well they are here but there moving all the time. This evening I go out and this doe comes out of nowhere and runs full speed in circles like a crazed dog. Will the bucks ever slow down enough so I can get a shot?
Old 11-21-2002, 07:21 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Its Like a race track out there!!

Thats what makes it worth going back ,doesn't it?
They will slow down as the rut winds down,to put out a scent that will stop the doe, he'll stop if she does.

Hunting ; an act of love for nature guided by the strongest spiritual forces.
http://www.adventuresoutdoors.freehomepage.com/
Old 11-22-2002, 06:47 AM

Sounds like your haveing great action.
Old 11-22-2002, 06:54 AM

There here but I would like to get a shot at a still target. I see them running all over. Next chance Saturday morning will post what I see.
Old 11-22-2002, 08:10 AM

I had a 13pt non typ about 130 class around me for over a minute last saturday with the same situation. I mouth grunted him 3 times while he was around me and the last time was so loud I scared the squirrels in the trees around me. He still never slowed down and had his nose to the ground the whole time. Gets the heart pumping though doesn't it......
Old 11-22-2002, 08:25 AM

Of course everyone would love to get a nice shot off. But, that's not always how Bow hunting goes. If you truly love the sport, you would have went home that day feeling a sense of accomplishment and a large amount of enjoyment, just from seeing animals reacting in their natural environment. I can sit on stand all day and not see a single animal, I am then disappointed. But if I go home at night and have the honor of viewing this beatiful animal that we all desire to hunt so much from my treestand, I am happy and honored that they allow me to be a part of their world.

Keep hanging in there, right now is a crazy time give it a another week and I bet you see a difference in their actions.