Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

For all ya'll that know about release aids...

Old 12-02-2006, 05:42 PM

Default For all ya'll that know about release aids...

I was rooting around for something today and ran across an old rope style release. I wish I could post a pic but my camera shot craps on me yesterday.....anyway, it is similar in appearance to an old Stan 2 or 3 finger, but I don't think it's a Stan. It's got a wooden thumb trigger on it. Up on top, there is a metal piece that you push to lock the jaw closed. It's red and the only markings on it are "Hole 2". Does that sound familiar to anyone, or does anyone know of a website I could browse where I could possibly find it?

I actually cut the rope off of it and it works perfectly fine. I am going to mess around w/ it some, I kind of like it, but am just curious as to what the heck it is.....
Old 12-02-2006, 05:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: For all ya'll that know about release aids...

It could be an early model Carter
Old 12-02-2006, 06:18 PM

Thank you! I was just coming back to post that I think it may be a Carter Hole Thing 2....I wonder if anyone hasa photo of one.....still looking for that.

Thanks Ausie...that makes me think that's what it is.
Old 12-02-2006, 06:35 PM
Boone & Crockett

mo, I love my Carter Hole in the Thing...I think mine is a III but I'm not sure, Mines blue and has a chrome/aluminum trigger as both the thumb and pinky triggers...never saw a wooden one. ? ?

Do ya need a pic?
Old 12-02-2006, 06:38 PM

Yeah man, shoot me a pic if you would....I'm pretty sure that's what it is, but it may very well be older than my children, so Idon't know for sure....You mean that other tab is a pinky trigger??
Old 12-02-2006, 06:44 PM
Boone & Crockett

I don't need to take a pic of mine, here's one I found on ebay quick, mines the similiar excepts mine's blue and elongated with a white string and chrome triggers.

Old 12-02-2006, 06:46 PM

Thanks dude!! I appreciate that!! Yep, that's gotta be what this is....Mine is very similar, very, very simliar. The one pictured has inscribed "Hole Thing 3" mine just reads HOLE 2....I bet that's what it is...That last piece of metal farthest from the thumb trigger...it has an allen screw, but doesn't move..what is it?
Old 12-02-2006, 06:50 PM
Boone & Crockett

If you tighten down the thumb allens screw and loosen the allen screw on the other end trigger it changes it from a thumb release to a pinky release. It's a great concept. When I feel I'm "punching" the pinky on my back release technic, I change it to the thumb until I feel I'm ready to go back. The allen screws control which end is triggering the release and it's sensitivity.
Old 12-02-2006, 06:53 PM

OK...that's just COOL! But....it looks to me if I were to use the pinky trigger, it would fire as I am drawing the bow......On this one it's not on my pinky, but rather the finger next to my pinky....Make sense?
Old 12-02-2006, 06:55 PM
Boone & Crockett

I'll upload a pic tomorrow of mine, tonight I'm taking my gorgeous wife out dancing....and.....

Quick Reply: For all ya'll that know about release aids...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.