Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

For all ya'll that know about release aids...

Old 12-02-2006, 07:00 PM

Default RE: For all ya'll that know about release aids...

Don't get too drunk buddy.....I wouldn't want you stepping all over her perty little feet!!!!
Old 12-03-2006, 09:15 AM
Boone & Crockett

Okay mo, had a great time last night.

Here's my Carter Hole Thing 3.

Here's how you want to hold it at full draw while using the thumb trigger as the release rather than the pinky. Note the trigger is back in the thumb joint. When applying back tension the rotation of the wrist will trigger the release rather than moving the thumb.

I use it mostly using the pinky trigger. I hold it the same way and notice where the trigger is in relation to my pinky finger, that way I'm triggering it with the tip of my finger but allowing back tension to rotate the release and trigger itself.
Old 12-03-2006, 09:21 AM

Rob, glad you had a great time!!

Thanks for the pictures, I appreciate it! That settles it, mine is definetly a Hole Thing 2.....Yours looks to be a 4 finger, this one is only a 3. I think maybe the wood thumb trigger was put on aftermarket, the trigger w/out the wood piece is identical to yours. I am gonna have to play around a little and see which works better, w/ the wood added or w/out.

I'm still confused about the other trigger, though. It just seems to me that it would release while you are drawing....obviously not though.
Old 12-03-2006, 09:37 AM
Boone & Crockett

It depends on which trigger you have activited. When you turn the allen screw all the way down, it locks that trigger. If I wanted to use it as a pinky trigger, I tighten the allen/set screw on the thumb trigger all the way in and then loosen the pinky trigger allen screw. It is now a pinky release. If you tighten the pinky trigger allen screw down and back out the one on the thumb trigger. It is now a thumb release and the pinky trigger will not activate the release.

Play with it.