Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Choosing my Excalibur

Old 12-02-2006, 02:59 PM
Typical Buck

Default Choosing my Excalibur

I have never been hunting, but the sport is growing on me, fast..
I have revitalized an old crossbow my brother-in-law has given me called a Astro Daco, apparently out of business for 20 years or so.
I can't get enough of firing it, and now I am ready for something bigger, faster and more accurite.
I have been eyeing the ExoMax and Exocet 200, and can not decide between the two. It has become apparent that the ExoMax is overkill for the deer I plan to pursue but would hate to look back wishing I had gone with the fastest.
So, my Questions:
Outside of sheer speed, is there any other reason to purchase the ExoMax? will those extra 20 FPS make that big of a difference?
Also, for those with knowledge on the Excalibur line is the scope that comes with it worth the money or should I look elsewhere for something different?
Is there a trajectory difference between the two? I mean, will one shoot dramatically farther without compensating for distance?
So, about me, 6' tall, 175lbs and healty.
Money is a concern but will not affect my purchace choice.
I plan to hunt rabbits, turkeys, deer and eventually bear. The bear will be rare if at all. Again, my biggest concern is not looking back wishing I had bought bigger and faster.
Thanks.
David
Old 12-02-2006, 03:09 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Choosing my Excalibur

I just realized I placed this in the wrong section, won't happen twice.