Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

is there an advantage to using a String Loop?

Old 12-01-2006, 03:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: is there an advantage to using a String Loop?

Yes it will put less wear on your string .Try it you will like it i'm sure
Old 12-01-2006, 06:10 PM

Default RE: is there an advantage to using a String Loop?

However there is one disadvantage that im surprised hasnt been mentioned. It can interfere with some peoples prefered anchor point in the same way that some release aids shorter or longer design do. Depending on the ata lengthand string angle of the bow and anchor point that u desire it might and might not be right for you. I shoot a with a truball pro diamond release and like my anchor to be pointing and middle finger knuckles on my jaw bone, with the tip of my nose on the string( maybe slightly off to the side). Now if i were to shoot a d loop my anchor would be farther back and uncomfortable. I know now ur thinkin well shorten your draw length a little. Nope this will cause the string contact with my nose to be different forcing me to drop my head down at more of an angle which is a NO NO.(chin always straight,never up or down). the only answer to keep my prefered anchor point and string to face position would be to shoot a shorter relase.(such as the pro diamond extreme which is 7/16ths shorter than the pro diamond). My point is that sometimes depending on string angle, release aid, and desired anchor point a D loop can be a DISadvantage.