Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I shot 'em all, last night.....

Old 12-01-2006, 10:47 AM

Default RE: I shot 'em all, last night.....

First, I'm gonna go on record and say I am in no way affiliated with Hoyt. Ok, now that's over with....

I ordered a Vectrix the other night, and I can't believe I shot the same bow ya'll did. I couldn't believe how smooth the draw cycle was. The back wall is rock solid w/ the draw stop, and I heard zero noise associated with it. I felt absolutely NO recoil or vibration. All I had on the bow was a rest, tuned it with the levels, and shot it. I fell in love instantly!!

I heard no noise with the draw stop pegs. In fact, the only thing I heard was the string hitting the StealthShot, and it wasn't loud by any stretch, but it made a different noise so I noticed it. I just can't believe I shot the same bow ya'll did......kinda weird....
Old 12-01-2006, 10:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

I can't wait for the Guardians to show up.......

If not the Guardian it will be an 07 Allegiance for me...
Old 12-01-2006, 10:57 AM

I would still like to shoot one of those.....We don't have a Bowtech dealer nearby....Let me know what you think of those.

Old 12-01-2006, 10:59 AM

ORIGINAL: buckeyebuckhntr

I can't wait for the Guardians to show up.......
Me too and I just bought a Trykon a couple months ago.
Old 12-01-2006, 11:13 AM
Dominant Buck

I had the same experience with both the Trykon and the Vectrix you did, buckeye. I pay too much money for my bows to put up with that kind of vibration.

If you don't notice it, fine. But you might want to shoot something else besides a Hoyt to feel the difference.

Jeff
Old 12-01-2006, 11:13 AM

I have one dealer in my town. He sells Diamond and Bowtech, so shooting several different brands ofbows here is difficult at best.

Is that 335 fps with smooth mods on the Allegiance??

Also, one way to get money to buy a new bow is to get stuff around the house your wife doesn't use anymore and sell it on ebay!!!! .... LOL
* Caution * Use that suggestion at your own risk.

Seriously , though, Ijust sold a 9mm hundgun to a local shop... new, never shot, but I din't want it anymore, and I sold 2 shotguns, Franchi 12 and 20 ga., new , never shot, to a guy fromHNI,and I am selling a gold braceleton e-bay that I have my needed bid for. That will give me about $ 1600.00 to go nuts with. Come on Guardian, I wanna shoot ya....LOL

But I haven't dared get the wifes stuff, she would kill me.

God Bless
Old 12-01-2006, 11:21 AM

Can't go wrong with Bowtech!

Way to go!
Old 12-01-2006, 11:22 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: mobowhuntr

First, I'm gonna go on record and say I am in no way affiliated with Hoyt. Ok, now that's over with....

I ordered a Vectrix the other night, and I can't believe I shot the same bow ya'll did. I couldn't believe how smooth the draw cycle was. The back wall is rock solid w/ the draw stop, and I heard zero noise associated with it. I felt absolutely NO recoil or vibration. All I had on the bow was a rest, tuned it with the levels, and shot it. I fell in love instantly!!

I heard no noise with the draw stop pegs. In fact, the only thing I heard was the string hitting the StealthShot, and it wasn't loud by any stretch, but it made a different noise so I noticed it. I just can't believe I shot the same bow ya'll did......kinda weird....
mobowhuntr, you know me, I love my Hoyts but my Allegiance is the cats arse...I've been lucky and have been able to shoot a lot of bows in my life, as many of you are and I have no ill feelings toward any bow. I've said it before, I'd be proud to hold just about anyone of them but there are several I think stand out better than others. I'll go out and shoot the Vectrix and tell ya what I think. I'll take the same open approach I took when I put my Hoyts away and bought the Bowtech.
Old 12-01-2006, 01:41 PM

Rob, I would like to give the BT's a good go round, but we don't sell them and since I work at this shop, I think it wouldn't be to wise to do business in another...[&:] I talk w/ Scott quite a bit and he's got me most interested in them. I'll be calling BT to maybe set up an appointment w/ a rep at our shop.

I have shot lots of other bows, and I can tell the difference. We sell Hoyt, Reflex, Ross and Elite (ever so briefly.) I've shot the PSE Mach X, Browning Illusion, Mathews Switchback, ........and several others I can't think of at the moment. The only one that was close was the Switchback, and it wasn't as nice. I will admit though, I've not shot the Drenalin. I just felt no recoil, no lurch, and very little noise. In fact, it was so quiet the first thing I will do is take the string shox off of it. You simply don't need them w/ the StealthShot.
Old 12-01-2006, 09:30 PM
Fork Horn

Mr Jeff. Thank you for that. I may not get to shoot them all but if I narrow it down, I'll take that as a good reference.

Quick Reply: I shot 'em all, last night.....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.