Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I shot 'em all, last night.....

Old 12-01-2006, 08:33 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: I shot 'em all, last night.....

I drove 40 minutes (one way)to shoot the vectrix. My guy don't sell 'em.

Jeff
Old 12-01-2006, 08:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

Here, hope that helps.
Old 12-01-2006, 08:39 AM
Dominant Buck

That's better. You wiped the puke away, too (or swallowed?).

Thanks
Old 12-01-2006, 08:40 AM
Super Moderator

Guess its a Mathew's thing.
Old 12-01-2006, 08:41 AM

ORIGINAL: Germ

ORIGINAL: PA Hardwoods

I couldn't tell you the number of guys who come into the shop and say I want to buy such and such bow because my budies sisters 2nd cousin said they are the best.[8D] I really wish more people would shoot t as many as they can get their hands on to see what works best for them. Heck most of the time they are so set in their ways that they won't even entertain the thought of shooting or let alone looking at another brand we have in the shop.[8D]
PA I would love to do that, but being LH I have to do a ton research and trust you righties[&:].

I will shoot 3 bows this year

New Ross Cardiac
New Funky looking Bowtechs
New Hoyts

I am looking for a shorter faster bow. It will be Aug before I get to shoot all three. I will have to go to 3 different shops.

I drove 2.5 hours jusy to shoot a ROSS. Then I talk a Pro shop here into selling them. Which is thier NO 1 selling bow now. I get a nice discount from them now[8D].

I love all the reports, really help me out.

Thx SB and others
Lefty huh? I knew there was something wrong with you.[8D] Besides the spooning fetish.[8D]

I don't shoot them ALL, but about as many as I can just because it is fun. I'm kind of like the guy that likes to test drive cars but doesn't buy one very often. I mainly do it so I know what I'm talking about when I am working at the shop ans customers ask me my opinion.
Old 12-01-2006, 08:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

Guess Bowtech jealousy can rear its ugly head even in here... []
Old 12-01-2006, 08:49 AM
Super Moderator

You guys are #%*&#^&*! Not getting rid of my Patriot anytime soon, and don't wanna get killed by the wife because I took out a loan to buy a new bow. Mowing season isn't here for a while and I really don't wanna take a 2nd job at the moment. Too many good bows out there from many manufacturers and all you guys do is blah blah this new bow and that new bow.[8D]
Old 12-01-2006, 08:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

Coug... think about it... Bowtech shaved nearly half a pound off the Allegiance; the grip is incredible this year, and speeds still up to 335 fps!

You want a new bow... You want a new bow... You want a new bow... You want a new bow... You want a new bow...

And wait 'til we all get our hands on the Guardian! [8D]
Old 12-01-2006, 09:00 AM
Dominant Buck

That's just the thing, though.....I don't need to take out a second job. I can afford to shoot whichever bow I want to (though I am NOT rich, by ANY means). I shot what I thought were the ones I was interested in.....and made my choice.

Pretty simple....

Jeff
Old 12-01-2006, 10:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

I also went and shot the bows last night..

I have owned a few Hoyts over the past few years (Xtec, Vipertec, Protec,Vtec, supertec)

I can tell you I didn't care much for the vectrix. The no vibration claims are absurd.... It has the same "tuning fork" feel in the riser after the shot just like the Trykon does... (even with the imitation STS) The bow didn't have much "jump" at all but the vibration was out of control.

Also the noise the draw stop peg makes hitting the cables is out of control, no matter how easily you pull the stop into the cables....

All the cams are is a toned down version of the spiral cams.....

I will say however it is a beautiful bow.

The Drenaline had a smoother draw then the Vectrix. Also much less riser vibration. However it did have more "jump" after the shot than the Vectrix. It's valley and wall wasn't the greatest however. I felt the wall was to spongy for my tastes...

I have no bias towards either bow and I am just passing on my observations from handling the two of them.

If I had to pick between the two I would have bought the Mathews....
[/align]

Quick Reply: I shot 'em all, last night.....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.