Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

My Drenalin is PUMPING

Old 12-01-2006, 07:43 AM

Default RE: My Drenalin is PUMPING

ORIGINAL: gutshot

PA Hardwood: My findings were about the same as your accept for the string buzz. One of the things that I was really impressed with on the Drenalin that I shot was that it was extremly quiet. But I can go with you on all of the other points.
The Drenalin is quiet but to my ears not AS quiet as the Vectrix, and there deffinitly was some string buzz there too. But I attribute most of this vibration/handshock/buzz to the lighter overall weight, not enough "meat" on the bow to soak up vibrations.
Old 12-01-2006, 07:44 AM
Dominant Buck

HCH....I think when you give up some weight......you're gonna get a little vibration. Far as I know, though.....the Hoyts are still heavy AND they still vibrate.

At least mathews has an excuse!

Jeff
Old 12-01-2006, 07:50 AM
Super Moderator

Not knocking the Mathews or any certain brand but.........whenever bows are built lighter, it seems they need as much or more stabilizing weight even if they have less hand shock. One other thing about newer bows using less material.........the prices should come down!! God forbid we would see that happen.
Old 12-01-2006, 07:52 AM
Banned

Shoot a Vectrix Jeff and we will continue with the discussion. NO HAND SHOCK VIBRATION in the Vectrix. CAN YOU HEAR ME?????? LOL; take off work today and go shoot a Vectrix; warning though. You will need your debit card as you won't leave without it.
Old 12-01-2006, 08:00 AM
Dominant Buck

Wrong. (It DOES still have the vibration)

I shot it YESTERDAY.

I bought a BOWTECH.

Jeff
Old 12-01-2006, 08:01 AM
Dominant Buck

But you're welcome to continue the discussion......

Jeff
Old 12-01-2006, 08:05 AM
Banned

Jeff, can you admit that the drenaline has handshock now that PAsays so and the ENTIRE archerytalk forum; or are you still in denial?
Old 12-01-2006, 08:14 AM
Dominant Buck

HCH....if you'll just look around a bit....I gave a report on ALL the bows I shot.

Stop being SO defensive and inCITEful. I won't ask if you're blind....I'll direct you to my other post.

Sincerely,

Jeff
Old 12-01-2006, 08:26 AM
Banned

Calm down SB; you're the defensive and inciteful one today. I know you were a little defensive when I stated that a Mathews bow had hand shock the other day in my report and you even tried to discount my review. Now the whole archery world is making the same comment about the handshock and I just wonder if you believe them or is it all a conspiracy. Like I stated, they are BOTH great bows. 9 out of 10 reviews say the Vectrix is the clear winner. My only fault, if it is a fault, with my review was thatI stated that I couldn't tell any weight difference between the two; I realized and made the comment later that it had to be because the Mathews was outfitted with accessories and the Vectrix was bare.Talk to you later, MO bound and you all have a great weekend!!!
Old 12-01-2006, 08:36 AM
Dominant Buck

I can honestly say HCH...that I've never hijacked a thread mentioning Hoyt to state what a great bow the Mathews was. You guys can's say that.

All that....and I bought a BOWTECH.

jeff