Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Need help picking canoe/small boat.

Old 11-30-2006, 07:18 PM
Fork Horn

Default Need help picking canoe/small boat.

About 50% of the time I hunt public land. Where I hunt there are several small ditches 4-15 feet wide andmany only have 1 or 2 feet of water in them during early bow season. The water is gentle, not flowing heavily. I am wanting to get a canoe or small boat of some kind to navigate this area deeper and quicker. What ever I end up with will be paddled 100% of the time, so I need something I can paddle easily. I wouldprefer something small and shortand easily manueverable. I am looking at this little canoe- http://cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/product/standard-item.jsp?_DARGS=/cabelas/en/common/catalog/item-link.jsp_A&_DAV=MainCatcat21276-cat21342_TGP&id=0030647017456a&navCount=7& amp;podId=0030647&parentId=cat21342&master pathid=&navAction=push&catalogCode=IG& rid=&parentType=index&indexId=cat21342&amp ;hasJS=true

Any opinons on this? Or any other advice for me. I even thought about building my own but the price on this thing seems good.

Thanks.

Ooops, I just realized this is an inflatable. It may not be very durable though.
Old 11-30-2006, 09:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Need help picking canoe/small boat.

I thought about using one of these inflatable boats with a trolling motor to sneak in the back door where I hunt. I hunt right along a river so this would save me a 3/4 mile walk. Better yet, it would save me a 3/4 mile DRAG!

I like the idea but I've never tried it. I was thinking of this instead of the canoe in case I had to carry myself and a deer.

Old 12-01-2006, 07:57 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Need help picking canoe/small boat.

I think I would kinda rather have an inflatable like these so I could carry it in my Blazer, I dont have a hunting truck with a bed to carry a boat or canoe. I would have to get a trailor I guess.

Im more concerned with them being durable enough than anything else.