Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Do you still hunt with guns

Old 12-01-2006, 11:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Do you still hunt with guns

Yep, I still hunt with guns. I want any advantage I can get. After gun season ends in Arkansas, I'll go back to my bow.
Old 12-01-2006, 11:23 AM
Spike

I tried gun hunting here in Ohio, but wasn't confodent with the shotgun w/slugs as far as accurcy is concerened, got a M/L and now I would rather hunt with that than a slug gun. But I really enjoy bow hunting the most. I do enjoy M/L with my 15 year old son,and so far he has 2 does with his I guess I had better get busy the kids showing up the old man.
Old 12-01-2006, 11:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

If that catapult doesn't help your aim, just put some cats in that contraption and I bet they can swat down a few pheasants for you.
Got a visual on that! Good one!

ROTFLMAO!!!!
Old 12-01-2006, 11:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

[blockquote]quote:

ORIGINAL: Arthur P

If the theiving SOB's had left me with any guns, I'd still be hunting with guns and bows, especially traditional style muzzleloaders. I never replaced them because I didn't feel like providing burglars with even more guns.[>:]
[/blockquote]

Two words: Gun Safe
Well, GregH, that's about as smart as the cop who came to the house and asked if I had my gun cabinet locked. "Sure!" I says. "They very carefully removed the glass out of the cabinet door and did an expert job at replacing it after they got the guns out."

Here's your sign!

It's way too late to buy a gun safe after the turds have already gotten 'em!
Old 12-01-2006, 12:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Man,arround here it sounds like hunters are shooting at each other on opening day.Its scarey hearing the stories of how the deer ran through the reeds and the guy dumped a 10 rd. clip,at something he couldnt see!Im sure its not like that everywhere.That fella talking about putting the sneak on bedded deer,oh yea,I could see that for sure.but not here when every nut in town has stumbled through and spooked em all deep into the marsh.
Old 12-01-2006, 12:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

Now and then i go for squrriels/rabbits with my .22 or shotgun
Old 12-01-2006, 12:31 PM

I hunt shooters and shooters only. If rifle isn't open i bowhunt, if rifle is open i rifle hunt. I really could care less what i killem with as long as i gettem. Not about to shoot a buck with the bow i would not take with the rifle. To me the bow extends my season and will probably never put down the rifle.
Old 12-01-2006, 02:15 PM

I really enjoy the challenge of bow hunting. I would have had the opportunity to shoot at deer with a gun during gun season this year but didn't get to take those shots because I had my bow. Still glad I had my bow instead.So now back to the woods I go until the end of December.

I am going to try muzzleloading next year, though. Ordered a traditional percussion Hawken muzzleloader kit and going to build my own before season starts next November. I think hunting with that will be nearly as big a rush as bowhunting. Then my wife will have to listen to me carry on about my custom built rifle and the pioneer days and how the way I'm hunting is a lot like they did.

BTW, the guys on the Black Powder forum rule and have a lot of great advices to give.
Old 12-01-2006, 03:08 PM
Site Buck Guru

[blockquote]quote:

If the theiving SOB's had left me with any guns, I'd still be hunting with guns and bows, especially traditional style muzzleloaders. I never replaced them because I didn't feel like providing burglars with even more guns.[>:]
[/blockquote]

Two words: Gun Safe
Well, GregH, that's about as smart as the cop who came to the house and asked if I had my gun cabinet locked. "Sure!" I says. "They very carefully removed the glass out of the cabinet door and did an expert job at replacing it after they got the guns out."

Here's your sign!

It's way too late to buy a gun safe after the turds have already gotten 'em!
Sorry to hear. If it were me I'd get a safe and a couple of guns because they're a part of my life that I enjoy.
Old 12-01-2006, 04:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

I hear ya, Greg. Problem is, around that part of the Dallas areawhere I was living back then,a safe just gives them something else to steal. The jerks will steal the safe, steal your dolly so they can move it, and thensteal your truck so they can have something to haul it in. They are so dumb that they work harder to steal stuff than they'd have to work if they just got a job and bought it themselves.

Quick Reply: Do you still hunt with guns

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.