Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

another record buck

Old 12-01-2006, 06:16 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: another record buck

The amish kid cant' get his picture taken with him(for whatever reason) but he accept $500,000 for the deer?[:-][:-]

For that cash I'd sell. I'd have to add a few extra wrinkles to the deal though. There is a Bass Pro Shop 5:32 seconds away from my house (roughly[8D]). I'd sell it to them. Hell it's like my home anyway. I spend as much time there as I do home. Like someone else said why not display it for the world to see?
Old 12-01-2006, 06:21 AM

ORIGINAL: huntingson

I would sell them the rack if I got a replica and got to keep the original cape. I would just really want a part of the original for myself.

Supposedly this guy went out with a crossbow hoping to shoot any deer at all and walks into this guy. Rediculous how lucky some people are.
No according to some you only kill deer of this caliber if you hunt really hard and put in super amounts of time...luck has nothing to do with killing a deer like that
Old 12-01-2006, 06:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Jimimac, thanks for the edit, I must have took it for more than it was ment, sorry for the chastising.
Old 12-01-2006, 11:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: turtleshell

ORIGINAL: huntingson

I would sell them the rack if I got a replica and got to keep the original cape. I would just really want a part of the original for myself.

Supposedly this guy went out with a crossbow hoping to shoot any deer at all and walks into this guy. Rediculous how lucky some people are.
No according to some you only kill deer of this caliber if you hunt really hard and put in super amounts of time...luck has nothing to do with killing a deer like that
The story I read on it was they had watched this deer for a couple of years. He said the deer was protected withing the Amish community and they kept it quiet. The guy would even get up on a barn in the evenings and watch the deer. He said he never came out in the same place in the field but he would always follow a smaller 5 pointer out. I think he had done his homework on the deer.