Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

another record buck

Old 11-30-2006, 07:33 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: another record buck

Rob, You're so ethical it just makes me want to cry with joy thatsuchpurity still exists! One reason why I love your being on HNI!

Me: I'd sell it in a heartbeat for $500K plus a replica and credits on the mount, and tell the truth: This is a replica and the original is hanging out at Cabelas...go see it if you want.Of course, I'd also have pictures of me with the deer.

Even if I only got to keep $250-$300K, I'd rather have the money than the carcass. I'd havehave the memories...

I wonder if cabela's woudl lease it fromme so I could have it once in a while if I wanted?
Old 12-01-2006, 12:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

How could you not sell it for that price? I don't see anything unethical about it. I'd rather see it put on display for the world to see. It's a work of art and should be displayed as such.
Old 12-01-2006, 01:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Having spent a big chunk of my adult life chasing Big Whitetail Bucks around the country, I would halft to keep it, on top of that , a world record non typical Whitetail with archery equipment is probably worth a million dollars if you know how to cash in on it!!!
Old 12-01-2006, 02:27 AM

I think you guys who wouldn't sell it for 500K are either rich or full of BS. 500 large would do a lot for my family and go a long way towards getting me out of my day joba fewyears downthe road. That is far more important than having another head for the wall.
Old 12-01-2006, 05:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

My OH MY, arent we rude so early in the morning! Get a grip on your self! You dont pay no ones bills here, I explaned the Buck is probably worth twice that much. A simple, I would sell it, or I would not sell it, With a brief explanation of why would have been fine. I did not post, that if you said you would sell it, that you were a dumb$#!&, (= to full of BS) and need to get a grip on yourself. Get it?
Old 12-01-2006, 05:33 AM

ORIGINAL: Sliverflicker

My OH MY, arent we rude so early in the morning! Get a grip on your self! You dont pay no ones bills here, I explaned the Buck is probably worth twice that much. A simple, I would sell it, or I would not sell it, With a brief explanation of why would have been fine. I did not post, that if you said you would sell it, that you were a dumb$#!&, (= to full of BS) and need to get a grip on yourself. Get it?
I wasn't referring to youat alland I didn't intentionally try toattack anyone here so don't take it so personally. Idid come off strong though and I can see how itcould be taken that way. I'll apologize to you anyway for starting your morning off on a bad foot.Hopefully I edited my previous post in a fashion where it isn't quite as disturbing to you.

Honestly though,I just don't understand why someone would be so attached to a deer head that they would be blind to the fact they just hit the lottery and could better the lives of themselves and their family by cashing in. I realize there is more to life than money, but having a big chunk would go a long way towards an early retirement and having the time to do what you want when you want.

Old 12-01-2006, 05:35 AM

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

$500,000 wouldn't get you much land in PA...not enough to grow anything that stays anyway. Don't forget, taxes would get a big chunk of it.....

I wouldn't sell the original, that'd be whoring out the animal. Replicas can be licensed, that'd be selling a product, not the animal.

and even less land in NY.

If they are quick to offer 500K than they are willing to spend 1 mil. Or call bass pro shops and start the bidding
Old 12-01-2006, 05:37 AM

For the record,

I edited my previous post prior to you chastising me because I thought better of it and realized that I came off poorly.
Old 12-01-2006, 05:37 AM
Typical Buck

We can all speculate,but when faced with $500,000 I know we would all take it unless like jimmimac said you were already rich.Claim to be noble all you want someone offers you 1/2 a million dollars you sell the deer.Money is a funny thing like that.But seriously is any critter worth 1/2 million dollars? Thats not why I hunt,I hunt to challange my self,to get away from everything for as long as possible,and to chase this big slob that I can`t seem to outsmart.IMHO no deer should be worth $500,000,but if they can afford it...hey whatever
Old 12-01-2006, 06:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

sold $500,000 is alot of money

I would rather see the head in a safe secure place like Bass Pro Shops or Cabelas then in my living room.

Can you imagine if he was displayed in your house and every tom dick and harry knew about it.I would be afraid it would be stolen.I also would imagine your house insurance wont cover it up to 500K

Give me the money and a replica and I would still proudly display it in my house.Besides I was the lucky hunter that shot it.If you want proof,then I would show a pic.I would also imagine your name would be proudly displayed on the deer mount in the show room.
But hey,I'm just dreaming with the rest of ya's

Quick Reply: another record buck

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.