Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Quiver: On or Off the bow?

Old 12-04-2006, 11:26 PM

Default RE: Quiver: On or Off the bow?

ORIGINAL: MO_Bowhnter

I don't like shooting with my quiver on because of the added weight to the side. It seems to cause me to cant the bow if I'm not paying attention. Plus it adds extra noise to the shot so I just take it off when I get to my stand.
I do the same. I have a quiver holder that screws into the tree and my quiver snaps into that peice.
Old 12-04-2006, 11:40 PM
Site Bouncer

I have a two piece that stays on the bow at all times. I like my arrows on my bow.
Old 12-05-2006, 12:13 AM
Typical Buck

I have to resight my bow in before opener with the quiver on,it causes side torque for me,not as noticable from short range but it does make a differance from long distances.
Old 12-05-2006, 05:56 AM
Fork Horn

Quiver on. 2 piece Fuse. The only difference might be if you are shooting with a strong wind the arrows in the Quiver might make your bow a little unstable.
Old 12-05-2006, 06:03 AM
Dominant Buck

This is absolutely funny, to me. I hunt with mine on.....and I couldn't imagine the SLIGHT actual weight of the quiver and arrows making any difference. I'm 6'+ and 200lbs......

If that little bit of weight makes a difference......what happens when there's fewer arrows in your quiver? Less difference.....but still "some".....lol.

And.....I've taken 4 deer this year......2 of them requiring (in my mind) follow-up shots (If I can get a second arrow into a deer....I'm going to). I can't imagine not having the follow-up arrow immediately at hand. THAT is why I hunt with my quiver ON.

Jeff
Old 12-05-2006, 06:07 AM
Fork Horn

I shoot a 1 piece detachable, 4 arrowFuse, but I leave it on 90% of the time. I practice with it on with my arrows in it. If I ever need (or get) afollow up shot, I can do it much quicker.
Old 12-05-2006, 07:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

I could never get used to a quiver on the bow. I like either a back quiver or catquiver:

Old 12-05-2006, 07:27 AM
Giant Nontypical

Quiver off! I don't like the added weight, thats why I have such a light weight bow! Plus the added weight to one side makes me have to think about one more thing when it comes time to shoot! Always quiver OFF!

On my climber I have a extra quiver holder attached to the rail, so I snap my quiver to it as soon as I ready to Hunt!
Old 12-05-2006, 11:41 AM
Fork Horn

I hunt and practice with mine off!!
Old 12-05-2006, 12:42 PM
Typical Buck

i keep my quiver off...sometimes i think it might be nice to have it attached though for the hike back, incase you bump into a deer and need to make a quick shot.

i just like the way the bow shoots without the quiver on it.

Quick Reply: Quiver: On or Off the bow?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.