Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

best expandable broadhead in you opinion

Old 11-29-2006, 05:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: best expandable broadhead in you opinion

hmm i dont know wich way to go...
you would think the 3 blade does more damage?
Old 11-29-2006, 05:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

I started using Spitfires last year and they have been flawless for me.
Old 11-29-2006, 05:57 PM
Fork Horn

I LOVE SPITFIRES!!!! 100 gr
Old 11-29-2006, 06:17 PM
Fork Horn

i shoot jackhammers from wasp and have had great cuts with them and easy to clean after a kill

Old 11-29-2006, 06:20 PM
Typical Buck

Snypers all the way for me. I have shot5 deer , a coyote and a few groundhogs with the the Snyper 2 blades. All I can say is that the entrance and exit wounds are devastating. I just shot a nice 9 pt. a few weeks ago and my one hunting buddy that came out to help me with atking pics and getting him out of the woods couldn't beleive the damage that my Snyper did. I shot doe last year with the 3 blade and it worked the same magic as the 2 blade. You can't go wrong with either. The Rage heads are basically a little fancier version of the Snypers. From what I have heard Rocky Mtn. heads ( Barrie Archery) were bought by another company and they made a few changes to the Snyper and called it the Rage. A little different looking for more money??? I will stick with the Snypers. They haven't failed me yet.
Old 11-29-2006, 06:22 PM
Host of Hosts

NAP Spitfires
Old 11-29-2006, 07:36 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Lefty26

Snypers or Rage. Best expandables on the market, both the 2 or 3 blade will work fine. I've taken 15 deer with my 2 blade snypers and have no complaints. I haven't shot the Rage but have friends that do and they are wicked on deer.
Another Snyper fan, I've shot 6 bucks and a coyote as well. The entrance hole is unbelievable as well as the exit. It's not an open through impact but opens fully upon impact. 5Shot ranked them with Muzzy's, the only reason I tried them, I'm impressed and I was antimechanical.
Old 11-29-2006, 07:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

i know you probably want to use expandables but stick with fixed blades. they are much better in my opinion and the people i talk to
Old 11-29-2006, 09:37 PM

I've been shooting spitfire's for 2 seasons and I put my hands on fire for them, they're GREAT.
Old 11-29-2006, 09:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've used Spitfires and harvest quite a few deer with them. They are impressive to say the least. Instant blood trails, all complete pass thrus, blood sprayed 3ft, a blind guy could follow the blood trail.

Check on your states regulations before you buy any expandables. The Rage 2 blade is a 2" cutting diameter I believe. I know in my state that is not legal to use for hunting big game.

Quick Reply: best expandable broadhead in you opinion

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.