Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

NAP Quicktune drop-away 2000

Old 11-29-2006, 10:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default NAP Quicktune drop-away 2000

I purchased this rest last night at Wally world for $16.98. I know it usually retails for around $50.00. I didn't really plan on puchasing a new rest, I basically bought it because I thought it was a good bargain. Do any of you guys use this rest and if so do you like it. I am now using a whisker biscuit but have always wanted to try a drop away. However, it being the middle of hunting season I will probably wait until after season to install the rest. Let me know what you think of the rest and if I should install in on my bow. Thanks for the info.
Old 11-29-2006, 11:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: NAP Quicktune drop-away 2000

I bought one a couple of years ago and love it. Wish I had spent a little more to get the 4000 (?) with the micro adjustments though. Fairly easy to set up and tune. Watch out for the cable slide though. Had one that ate up my cables. E-mailed NAP and had a newer version in a week. That one works just fine. You might want to call and get a new cable slide from them just as a precaution. They will send it for free.
Old 11-29-2006, 11:36 AM

I also have the NAP 2000 and have not had any problems with it. Its a great rest. I can't believe they are that cheap now. I bought mine a few years back though.
Old 11-29-2006, 11:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: ducsauce

I can't believe they are that cheap now.
It was on the clearance rack. They aren't usually that cheap. I guess Wal-Mart is trying to get rid of their archery stuff to make room for other things.
Old 11-29-2006, 12:01 PM

That's a hell of a deal you got there. I have used my NAP drop-away 2000 for years now and love it. Unlike the whisker bisquit it wont wrinkle your fletchings if you have it properly tuned. I wouldnt get anything other than a drop away from here on out. Good luck with it and I hope you like it as much as I do.
Old 11-29-2006, 12:08 PM

Go to NAP's web site and download the installation and tuning guide for that rest when you go to install it. It has a few good tips in there that will save you some headaches. I think you'll be really pleased with it.
Old 11-29-2006, 12:40 PM

I love mine...I liked it even better after I served it into the down cable so I could tune it to come up at the right time. It's simple and effective and at $16 thats a steal...I need to go check out the clearance rack!
Old 11-29-2006, 01:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: goherd1111

ORIGINAL: ducsauce

I can't believe they are that cheap now.
It was on the clearance rack. They aren't usually that cheap. I guess Wal-Mart is trying to get rid of their archery stuff to make room for other things.
Yeah I like Wally World after Christmas. A couple of years ago I picked up NAP Shockwaves for $4 per 3 (normally $20), and WASP SST-Jackhammers for $9 per 3 (normally $26). I guess I need to check and see if the local Wally Worlds are starting clearance before Christmas.
Old 11-29-2006, 01:58 PM

Used it, didn't like it.

For one thing,I didn't like the steel cable that they use instead of string.

I also had problems with one of the adjustment screws falling out. No amount of loc tite would hold it in place.

Switched over to a Cobra Diamondback before this season and I couldn't be happier.
Old 11-29-2006, 02:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

I put one on my Hoyt when I got it in '03. Best rest I've ever used. It's quiet and does everything I wanted it to do. Mine cost the usual price though. You got a steal.

Quick Reply: NAP Quicktune drop-away 2000

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.