Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

drawing em in

Old 11-28-2006, 07:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default drawing em in

what are some good tricks to do for calling in some good sized deer. and what should i do once they are in to get a little closer and move some branches out of my way for my shot
Old 11-28-2006, 08:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: drawing em in

TTTTT
Old 11-28-2006, 08:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

UUMMMM!!! Not sure I understand the last part of your question.
Old 11-28-2006, 08:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

what are some good ways other than grunts and scents to call in big deer and when they are there how can i move without disturbing them?
Old 11-28-2006, 09:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

Your really new to this hunting thing aren't ya ?
Other than using sents , grunt call's and bait pile's if legal in your state not much but to sit still and wait.
When you see them coming into range you should have your bow all ready drawn before they get within twenty yards.
That way you'll be ready to take the shot without disturbing them or spoting you.
Old 11-29-2006, 05:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

thats what i was doing but they always see me before they are within shhoting distance. i just wanted to kno abou thte snort wheese and stuff also
Old 11-29-2006, 05:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Wait till they go behind a tree or are distracted to draw your bow. I usually wait to draw it when I feel like they are going to walk into a shooting lane. I also usually wait to see if the deer will come closer then 20yds(if it seems like it is not coming in any farther then I will take that shot.). But to close can be bad because of the angle.my range is 10-25yds, but I practice out to 35yds, and when I get a new bow I am going to practice out to 50.because then a 15yd shot is a breeze. Dont over grunt either. Do a regular grunt or tending grunt every 25-30 min or if you see a buck that is trailing a doe and isnt going to pass you, give a few grunts to get his attention. As far as scents go, I used to use tinks 69, but lately have just been going scent free and I havent noticed any differece w/o the scents.
Old 11-29-2006, 05:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

BTW way how old are you, are you in school right now, because I am and I think I better start paying attention.lol
Old 11-29-2006, 06:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Zdeerslayer

BTW way how old are you,
Thats the question that i was wondering? Something doesn`t seem right here.
The question`s that your asking lead us to believe that your very young. If you are thats fine, we just need to know so that way we can awnser your questions more appropriately without saying things or comming off the wrong way.
Old 11-29-2006, 08:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

look at his profile he is 15.

Quick Reply: drawing em in

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.