Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Wow people have nerve!!

Old 11-28-2006, 08:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Wow people have nerve!!

Every year we all hear stories about stupid people doing stupid things while there's an army of hunters in the woods. Well, here's a couple more.

Rant #1:
On opening morning of rifle just after sun-up my son's friend heard something larger than a squirrel walking through the woods, down a doe trail. Turns out to be a guy in plain clothes, no weapon, taking a liesurely stroll through the November Michigan woods. This was on state land. Sure he had every right to be there as all the hunters did, but why would you pull something like that? Death wish?

Rant #2:
I hunt a small section of woods behind my house that is part of a larger tract of land consisting of large fields and woods. After a week and a half of gun season with guys driving into the fields from the sub access point, shooting, hauling deer out, etc., you'd think by then people would be well aware it was gun season. Saturday night while in the stand at 5:15pm (you know, the last 15 minutes of prime time), I hear a four wheeler pulling into the field. What happened next blew my mind. This person was pulling a cart full of small kids - the age that their screams are louder than imaginable. This idiot pulled these kids around the entire perimeter of the open field (some 100+ acres) while the kids screamed and screached. No yelling, just flat out max volumes of schrilling blood curtling screams. Why?

I was going to get out of my stand and confront this person, but the property is not mine so I had little to say about it.

In either case, what do you do? Tell the nuts to take hat and get lost, or suck it up and hunt another day? I think I know the answer, but it was extremely frustrating to say the least.
Old 11-28-2006, 08:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Wow people have nerve!!

Sounds like you got a group of ANTI'S around your area.
It's amazing what some people will do to mess up somebodys hunt.
Old 11-28-2006, 08:55 AM
Typical Buck

kids having fun, I'd suck it up there will be another hunt.

People walking in the woods...hmmmm. I was bear hunting a few weeks ago (with the rifle) and what is running up the logging road....a lady dressed head to toe in black spandex....brilliant.
Old 11-28-2006, 04:08 PM
Typical Buck

public land is public land you as a hunter are to be sure of your target. Not the smartest thing he did but we as hunters have to verify b4 we pull the trigger.
Old 11-28-2006, 04:28 PM
Typical Buck

TRUE STORY- My cousin sam was rifle hunting on a piece of PRIVATE land and shot a guy in the back with an sks (7.62-39) about 100 yard shot (acording to the story) he ye said "hay!" and he didnt respond so he shot.this guy was hunched over taking a dump in the woods durring rifle season on private land wearing brown carharts and a white t-shirt,the guy almost died being that he was 10 miles from a hospital.Sam did a year in prison for that,lost his hunting privalages for ten years,and had to deal with the torment of shooting someone for the rest of his life.Now,sam is my cousin and I love him to death (nicest guy in the world) but he is an idiot,and there are many other idiots out there just like him.In my opinion he should not be allowed to hunt EVER again.BE SURE OF WHAT YOU SHOOT AT (preachin to the quier) This guy was obviously uninformrd as to the hunting season and where he was,much like the people you encountered
Old 11-28-2006, 04:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

#1) non-hunters seldom know when and what hunting seasons are open!
#2) sounds like anti-hunters trying to disturb your hunt!
Old 11-28-2006, 05:22 PM
Dominant Buck

All part of the hunting experience. I know that there are idiot hunters out there, but I like to think every one hunting confirms what he or she is shooting at and beyond.
Old 11-28-2006, 05:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

ive had alot worse experinces than you, just to tell you a 2 out of about dozen, 1 time i had a shot gun hunter walk in see me, than he walked right into the feild i was posted over (the feild was about 50 yards by 50 yards,) he walked around it than came over to me and walked away, he than shot at a bird 50 yards from my tree and i could hear the pellets bouncing off trees near me... than another time i had a jogger start playing with my scent wicks, i whistled to them and they walked away with there dog, than later some deer came down that path stopped, smelled the ground and ran, not to mention many other atv riders, wich arent even aloud, racing through the woods, i could go on all day... its public land, thats what you get.
Old 11-28-2006, 07:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

ya on thanksgiving dayu we went hunting on a wma and were nearly shot by a 12 guage. we were walking about 50 yards in we here a shot it goes about 20 yards to our left and they see us walking and they miss the deer of course and they chase it right by us and tell us to stop and the have a rifle there to they just keep shooting in the random woods and they arent even wearing their orange. people like that get people killed and dont know what to do. they should not be allowed out there and then once we passed them they kept shooting and they never even apologized to us. stupid people.
Old 11-28-2006, 08:18 PM

my father was spring turkey hunting this year on public land and a fellow hunter tried to run him off. He told my dad that him and his son hunted that land and they didn't want anyone else on it[:@]. My dad is fairly old and has plenty of sense, this guy was just trying to strong arm my dad and run him off. My dad called the warden and told him what happend, the warden was nice enough to pay the gentalman a visit, needless to say he had no more problems. sorry to go off topic and be long winded, people have nerve!!

Quick Reply: Wow people have nerve!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.