Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Where to go on road trip?

Old 11-28-2006, 05:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Where to go on road trip?

I will be off work from 12-22 through 1-4-07 and have the desire to do a hunting road trip. What state will still have an open archery season with non-resident tags available? Also, my wife holds the purse strings so this will have to be a public land hunt. This isa serious inquiry and I would appreciate your input. I would prefer a Whitetail hunt but am open to suggestions on other species. Thanks, Greg.
Old 11-28-2006, 06:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Where to go on road trip?

I don't know about tag availability but you might want to consider Nashville, TN area. I've had some great hunts there.

Tom
Old 11-28-2006, 06:17 AM
Dominant Buck

Probably the closest to you with liberal limits is Louisana. You can shoot 6 deer, 3 and 3. Heck, you might get there and decided to stay.[8D] Here's a link. http://www.wlf.state.la.us/hunting/regulations/deerhunting/

Here's a link to all states. http://www.buckmasters.com/Buckmasters_Links/HuntingSeasons/Seasons.html
Old 11-28-2006, 06:22 AM
Giant Nontypical

Thanks. Great links davidmil.
Old 11-28-2006, 07:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Look into MO they have pretty cheap out of state licenses ($165) that allow two deer and two turkeys I believe. I am not sure what their seasons are though. The season is open in Nebraska until 12/31 and out of state tags are like $178
Old 11-28-2006, 08:14 AM
Fork Horn

Don't know about out of state tags but GA is open, in fact some counties around the Atlanta area have bow season until the end of January.
Old 11-28-2006, 09:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

You could try to use the resource link here on this site and check out the D N R listings for states near you like New Mexico.
They should have the information your looking for.
Old 11-28-2006, 09:10 AM

TXjourney, mobowhuntr, me and MOmightymite are planning a hunt in MO sometime over that same time period. Like said in the post above, tags are easy to get and we have pretty cheap NR prices.
Old 11-28-2006, 10:08 AM

TXjourney, I was going to suggest the same thing as Mo-Bow. We would love to meet you, and I'm sure we would have a great time. Just keep it in mind. You're welcome to come hunt with us. We live close to St. Louis so it will prolly be a long drive. When we went to Omaha, Tx it took us around 8-9 hrs.
Old 11-28-2006, 01:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'll look into getting some maps and drive times and see what I need to do for a NR license.

Quick Reply: Where to go on road trip?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.