Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Vectrix verse Drenaline

Old 11-27-2006, 05:17 PM
Banned

Default Vectrix verse Drenaline

Well guys I went into the proshop today. My dealer has both the Vectrix and Drenaline in. I shot them both to make sure I was getting the best bow before I plunked down my hard earned cash. I shot each bow approx 25-30 times. They were both 29" draw length,70# bows. Two words for the Drenaline; HAND SHOCK. The hand shock is VERY noticeable.The Vectrix was the CLEAR winner IMO, the dealers', and his associates. The Vectrix is the smoothest drawing, quietest, fastest, hand shock free huntingbow I have ever shot. HONEST!! The draw cycle is smooth and the new Vector cam and a half has a nice rollover when the cam breaks over into full draw. The newStealth Shot string silencer that Hoyt uses on their bow is a winner. It actually grabs and collapses around the string when the string is released; pretty cool technology; this is similar to an STS but an STS has a flat surface that the string slams against and the Hoyt system is grooved so that when the string slams against it the material actuallywraps around it grabbing the string.I left all of my accessories with my dealer that I had taken off of my Trykon and he is going to set it up and paper tune it for me. He has the same draw length as me. I had to get back to work and will go back on Friday to pick it up on my way down to MO to hang out with MOMW/SWD and her husband Ron for the weekend. Can't wait to see you guys!!!
Price for my new Vectrix is $729; Drenaline is $825
Edit: $799.99 for Drenaline at Scheels and my buddies pro shop.
Old 11-27-2006, 05:22 PM

Default RE: Vectrix verse Drenaline

Sounds like the Vextrix will be my new bow this year, good report and thanks. We just got them in at the shop late last week. I was going to check them out tonight, but we are still closed for the Holiday. I'm working Wednesday evening so I'll play w/ them then. Have to see how much I can get for a trade on my UltraTec.....Maybe be shooting it next week.
Old 11-27-2006, 05:24 PM

I'll be shooting a Vectrix this year as well.

Thanks for the report, HCH.
Old 11-27-2006, 05:25 PM

Dang HC...you just bought two new bows this past year!

Congrats and post dem pics when you pick it up.
Old 11-27-2006, 05:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

$825 is simply out-freaking-rageous. How can Mathews justify a $100+ increase in price with very little increase in performance/design? Even if the two bows were equal in the consumer's eyes it's darn near impossible to justify the price difference.

I'm waiting for the ATA Show to shoot all the new bows that are out before narrowing my search this year. I'm hearing a lot of good stuff about the new Darton bows, I'm excited to shoot the new goofy looking Bowtechs, I want to take a peak at what Ross has to offer for this year, I will shoot the Dreanlin (and sell a kidney to buy one if I like it) and of course I'll be shooting a Vectrix as well.
Old 11-27-2006, 05:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well that'll make four of us with a vectrix come next season.
Old 11-27-2006, 05:28 PM

I'mStill waiting for my Pro shop to get theirs. Shop says the Hoyt rep is coming out next week to see him. I hope he brings a few. After 6 six years. I am now reall excited to check out the vectrix and from all the good talk here. I don't think I am going to be disappointed like I was in the Trykon. Thanks for the update.
Old 11-27-2006, 05:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think I am also going with a Vectrix, unless I really like the Black Ice.
Old 11-27-2006, 05:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'm waiting for the ATA Show to shoot all the new bows that are out before narrowing my search this year.
Justin from what I have read on another site ( not as good as this one) is that Mathews will no longer be attending the ATA show so you might have to find a dealer to shoot it.

BTW dont forget to try out the new Diamonds I picked up my Black Ice today and boy it sure does draw smooth cant wait to set it up and try her out

Now if only my Commander would turn up
Old 11-27-2006, 05:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Ausie-guy

I'm waiting for the ATA Show to shoot all the new bows that are out before narrowing my search this year.
Justin from what I have read on another site ( not as good as this one) is that Mathews will no longer be attending the ATA show so you might have to find a dealer to shoot it.
I believe you're right. There's a few companies who get a little PO'd at the ATA after last year's show and won't be there this year. I believe they are one of them. Fortunately my local shop (GAT Guns for those of you in Northern IL) sells Mathews, Hoyt, Bowtech, and Ross bows so I will be able to shoot them all locally.

After reading Ryan Aller's review on the Black Ice I'm also very interested in shooting one of those as well. And how can I forget the Allegiance? I love my 05 so much I might just have to pick up an 07.

Quick Reply: Vectrix verse Drenaline

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.