Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Vectrix verse Drenaline

Old 11-28-2006, 06:35 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Vectrix verse Drenaline

Rick:

I've also spent thousands of dollars with my bow shop owner. He jokingly (I think???????...lol) told Rob/PA I was part owner when I introduced them.He called me the other night to ask me to stop in and look at the new bows (He's a Mathews/PSE/AR/Browning/Bowtech dealer). I did. He told me what "I" could buy one for. he also knows I send a LOT of business his way via my friends.

I think he knows he'd be making a sound business decision by selling it to me at that price.

Jeff
Old 11-28-2006, 07:00 AM
Banned

ORIGINAL: Rick James

ORIGINAL: hardcorehunter

I myself couldn't notice any noticeable weight difference between the two bows. The limbs are very thin on the Drenaline and it wouldn't surprise me if it is less weight than the Vectrix; just something I couldn't feel. I shot one bow and then would grab the other and shoot it. I didn't have any knowledge that one felt lighter than the other; there was just no denying the very noticeable hand shock and vibration on the Drenaline though. Sure, this is not going to affect your hunting, but if am going to drop 8 bills on a new bow, than there had better be no hand shock. The Vectrix was easily a better shooting bow and I went in with an open mind on which bow to choose. The Hoyt has a lot of new innovations this year and the Mathews is basically the same old bow as the 4 year old Outback. I don't see Mathews' Switchback owners racing out to buy this new bow; not enough difference worth the $ IMO.
HCH,

I think to say the hand shock and vibration is very noticable I think is a bit of an overstatement w/ the drenalin. It really has no more than an XT or regular switchback, I have shot all 3 now extensively and none of these bows have extensive handshock/vibration. I do think Hoyt hit a home run with their factory standard STS type device though and I think this is what is making the difference in the percieved hand shock difference you felt, the capabilities of a device like this are amazing and can even make my Apex 7's feel like a parallel limb bow. I am pretty confident that if an STS is installed on the Drenaline it will feel about the same, or if the factory suppressor on the Vetrix was removed it would feel the same as well. Kudos to them though for adding it from the factory, that's a cool option.

Can you adjust the distance that STS type device sits from the string. If you slightly change brace height while twisting cables to get that perfect draw length, can you reset that supressor to sit the appropriate distance from the string?

What kind of speed was gotten from the two rigs setup the same? Has anyone done this yet? Which is faster?

I am not the only one that talks about the hand shock and vibration. The Hoyt has none nor does my Tribute. Hand shock is acceptable on midrange priced bows but not top priced bows.
http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=411563
Old 11-28-2006, 07:18 AM
Dominant Buck

HCH….

You Hoyt guys give Mathews shooters a hard time (notice it’s never the other way around?????) for being sensitive.

In your link YOU provided……a poster writes that the Mathews is quieter.

You reply, in return, that you don’t notice a difference.

Another says the Drenaline is lighter.

You reply that you can’t tell a difference. (BTW….What do the specs say? Isn’t this pretty easy to determine???)

That link shows me nothing other than the same old stuff we read here, every day. You like what you like. Others like what they like. I just won’t come on an internet forum and tell you mine is best and why yours isn’t. Why…..that would make you look like a fool for buying what you did. That wouldn’t be the point, would it?

Jeff
Old 11-28-2006, 07:23 AM
Banned

More hand shock talk.
http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=410046
Old 11-28-2006, 07:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

gotta love that good old fahioned unbiased reporting
Old 11-28-2006, 07:46 AM
Banned

Thinking about the weight issue; the Drenaline was fully equipped with a stabalizer, sights, and a WB. The Vectrix only had a WB on it. No wonder I noticed no weight difference. They are both great bows. Handshock is more than expected from me though with the Mathews; that is my only negative report. All in all; some great offerings for the archery world this year. The technology just keeps getting better.
Old 11-28-2006, 07:48 AM
Dominant Buck

And I may end up with a Vectrix or a Bowtech, next year.

And the world will still still be spinnin' 'round.........

Jeff
Old 11-28-2006, 07:56 AM
Banned

And I may own a new Mathews next year; and the world will stop spinningMy loyalty lies with nobody unless they give me bows and that isn't in my picture right now. I buy what I like and it is out of my pocket; so if Mathews puts out a better bow next year than anybody else; I will probably get it.
Old 11-28-2006, 07:59 AM
Boone & Crockett

Ok let me chime in!!

1. Mathews has old technology

Well I hate to break it to you guys, but Mathews was the company who pushed others bow companiesto make better bows.

2. Cam 1.5 is not new technology IMO, just a clever way to sell 2 cam bow again.

3. Limbs Hoyts are still the best

4. Grips they both suck, Mathews us to thick, Hoyt is to thin.

5. String & Cables Mathews please kill the Zebra, fuse is OK, but no where near as good as Winners Choice IMO

6. Just buy a ROSS[8D] Mathews Jr as I call it with a better riser design!

Old 11-28-2006, 08:30 AM
Dominant Buck

I totally agree, GERM. I put a Shrewd grip and Winner's Choice strings on my Switchback.

Problems solved. Like I said.....I shot Rob's Bowtech.....and while it was bit "I'll just say HARDER" on the shot (hard to describe).....it was also set 6 lbs higher draw weight.....and it was accurate as all get out. I may buy one for next year.....if I need to get another bow for my son and I. I haven't shot anything better than that.

Jeff

Quick Reply: Vectrix verse Drenaline

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.