Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Vectrix verse Drenaline

Old 11-27-2006, 05:43 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Vectrix verse Drenaline

ORIGINAL: HNIJustin

$825 is simply out-freaking-rageous. How can Mathews justify a $100+ increase in price with very little increase in performance/design? Even if the two bows were equal in the consumer's eyes it's darn near impossible to justify the price difference.

I'm waiting for the ATA Show to shoot all the new bows that are out before narrowing my search this year. I'm hearing a lot of good stuff about the new Darton bows, I'm excited to shoot the new goofy looking Bowtechs, I want to take a peak at what Ross has to offer for this year, I will shoot the Dreanlin (and sell a kidney to buy one if I like it) and of course I'll be shooting a Vectrix as well.
Old 11-27-2006, 05:46 PM
Typical Buck

oops anyway i was going to say mathews spends so much money on advertising they have to charge an arm and a leg for thier bows,it seems like every mag.,every show on tv they plaster with advertisement for the switchback
Old 11-27-2006, 06:46 PM
Banned

The Vectrix and the Drenaline were both the same in noise to me; both super quiet. I personally think the Switchback is a better bow than the Drenaline. Mathews jacked the price of the bow up $100 this year over last years price and I am not kidding about the very noticeable handshock. That coupled with the fact that you are going to need to replace the Mathews string, from what I have heard and read ,if you want to get away from a rubberband on your peep. The Hoyts Fuse string is no creep and pre-stretched and will shoot excellent without a rubberband to align the peep. My Trykon's Fuse stringworked excellent as well and once setup at the shop I never adjusted it after hundreds of arrows shot through it. This years' new Fuse string is suppossed to be even more advanced.
Old 11-27-2006, 06:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hardcore -

How would you rate the Vectrix against your Tribute?

Also, did you have a chance to compare theVectrix against the Vulcan?
Old 11-27-2006, 07:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

The Drenalin is selling for $680 at the proshop I go to. HCH you proshop owner is a crook not Mathews. My guy says he is making $100 on the bows at that price. I guess you man needs a little more. Anyway I hope you enjoy your new bow. Obviously the Trykon didn't get it done for you. I've owned my Switchback for 4 years and wouldn't think of not using it.
Old 11-27-2006, 07:09 PM
Banned

Vulcans won't be in for weeks yet. It has a 1" shorter brace height than the Vectrix so will be less forgiving I assume.I would say that the Vectrix is quieter and a smoother overall shooter than my Tribute. The Vectrix is the best bow I have ever shot. My Tribute is no slouch by any means; Hoyt has just really put it all together with this new bow. You guys and gals really need to shoot one and see what you think. BTW; I called Scheels in Des Moines and they are selling the Drenaline for $799.99 when they come in. My dealer tonite told me he will follow and really didn't know what price he was exactly going to have on them until I called him with Scheels' price. He will match Scheels' price. The Drenaline is not avaialble for sale yet in any store in IA and all they have are demos.
Old 11-27-2006, 07:24 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: MOTOWNHONKEY

The Drenalin is selling for $680 at the proshop I go to. HCH you proshop owner is a crook not Mathews. My guy says he is making $100 on the bows at that price. I guess you man needs a little more. Anyway I hope you enjoy your new bow. Obviously the Trykon didn't get it done for you. I've owned my Switchback for 4 years and wouldn't think of not using it.
$799.99 for the Drenaline in Central IA. No crook; in fact a great buddy and he just keeps his prices exactly the same as every other dealer in the area.See post above. My Trykon took a nice buck and my 1st deer/turkey double in my life this year, so I would say it "got it done". It is light years ahead of your old Switchback, I just had heard so much about the new technology in this new Vectrix that I had to get one. I have found that bows depreciate badly and the time to get some decent money out of one is when it is still in the publics' eye as new or heard of. It cost me $200 to upgrade to the latest ,greatest bow. I suggest you keep that 4 year old Switchback 'till the cables rot and fall off if it "gets it done for you."
Old 11-27-2006, 07:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

I just put new cables and a string on it. I appreaciate your concern though. I just know if your really love a bow you don't get rid of it after one season. I'll keep shooting this POS for a bit longer. I hope your new bow "gets it done for you".
Old 11-27-2006, 07:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

I just know if your really love a bow you don't get rid of it after one season.
I agree, I still have my Allegiance from 05. Although I have bought a couple bows since that one, I just can't sell it. I just unloaded a Tribute a few days ago, it just isn't the same as the ole' Alley. I will probably keep this bow for years to come as my primary backup bow.

BTW I also liked the Switchback better then the Trykon, just not as much as my currentchoice
Old 11-27-2006, 07:58 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: MOTOWNHONKEY

I just put new cables and a string on it. I appreaciate your concern though. I just know if your really love a bow you don't get rid of it after one season. I'll keep shooting this POS for a bit longer. I hope your new bow "gets it done for you".
Not saying yours is a POS, four years in Bow technology is quite a difference though, one to two years is. By the time you go and spend money on new cables and strings for a little extra you could have a new bow with the latest technology. How you spend your $ though is your business and how I spend my $ is mine. Don't assume or guess why I traded my Trykon,Xtec, or when it comes time for my decision to trade my Vecrix in. It is not about "getting it done" it is about my right and choice to buy and spend $ how I want to.

Quick Reply: Vectrix verse Drenaline

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.