Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Gotta love the orange army, they never disappoint!!!

Old 11-27-2006, 05:06 PM

Default RE: Gotta love the orange army, they never disappoint!!!

Buck, where were you?

Why wasn't something done after the am fiasco?
Rob, I was on a different property with my grandfather. I went out with him simply because he is getting up there in age and I just get worried when he is in the woods by himself.

As far as the a.m. fiasco, I didn't know about it, my buddy stayed in stand the whole time, he packed a lunch and planned on staying in stand from before sun up till after sunset.

I am thinking about trying to get ahold of the gaswell company that tends the wells on the property and see if I can find out some names, my buddy saw a truck and when he described it to me he described the truck that I saw tending the wells during archery season. I let the landowner know and he wasn't happy about it either, he said that he is going to try and find out who these guys where and get something done about it. This isn't going to be let go of, something will be done about it, and hopefully it will help prevent this from happening to somebody else. I am pretty fortunate that I have alot of good areas to hunt that have little to no pressure, but it doesn't make what these guys did any better.

On a side note, today wasn't all bad, my best-friend took his dad out hunting and his father managed to get his first buck since 1986 and it just so happened to get his biggest, a pretty decent 8 point that was pretty beat up from the rut, he had a large, deep puncture wound in his lower neck from another bucks antlers.
Old 11-27-2006, 05:14 PM

Man that really is too bad.

It always amazes me how arrogant some people can be.

One of the guys that hunts the same property I do asked me where I had my stands placed this year. Out of courtesy, I told him, that way we could do our best to avoid bumping into each other and ruining a hunt later in the year.

Hunted that stand the first two days without seeing much of anything before I decided to climb down and investigate. I found the other gentleman's stand about 75 yards away with two bales of hay and about 50 lbs or so worth of corn.

I just don't understand people sometimes.
Old 11-27-2006, 05:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

I agree with Rob, you should have put and end to the morning trespassing incident immediately, and being you know who they were, several calls would have been made to the landowner, the culprits, and the law after you found out they didnt have permission.
Old 11-27-2006, 05:57 PM
Boone & Crockett

Hope it all works out Jason and they didn't ruin your spot for the rest of the year.
Old 11-27-2006, 06:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

That's what I do for a living, check gas and oil wells. They call us pumpers here in Okla. I check wells on a lot of good deer hunting land and I wouldn't think of hunting or shootinga deer on one of these properties without permission. That would be a good way to lose one of my customers not to mention getting my ass chewed by the landowner and possibly a visit from the Game Warden.
Old 11-28-2006, 05:11 AM

I love hunting. Obviously my first choice will be my bow. I used to really enjoy rifle season until recently. Some of you guys out west and in the mid west have no idea what it is like when 10 guys from NYC invade the woods with brand new rifles not even sighted in hooting and hollaring. You hear the stories and just brush it off as just a tale but it is 110% true. I cannot wait until I aquire enough money to purchase about 200 acres of land in the Adirondaks and post the heck out of it. It is truly making me want to give up hunting in this area all together.
Old 11-28-2006, 06:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

You needed to have a better understanding BEFORE rifle season on who exactly had the rights to be on that property. It didn't do you much good to ask the landowner afterwards if those guys had permission. But now you know.
Old 11-28-2006, 06:17 AM
Spike

Call the gas well company! Pumpers are only allowed to maintain the well. They do not have free rein over the use of the land. Look at the contract between the land owner and the company it states that. Someone could and maybe should get fired over this. I have permission to trap land with wells and have talked to the guys maintaining the wells many times. These guys (on this land anyway) are actually making sure I am supposed to be there and wishing they could use the land to hunt, fish etc.. but know they do not have permission and know the company's stance on the issue. It is bad P.R. and bad bussiness for and gas company to tolerate this behavior. Please, call the company.
Old 11-28-2006, 06:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

10 GUYS hunting with brand new guns that haven't even been sighted in!And YOU didn't say how you know this to be a fact or maybe you just like to join a good bash[:'(].Hunters helping hunters end hunting!Nice ring to it eh?
Old 11-28-2006, 06:24 AM
Typical Buck

If it were me I wouldnt even say anything to them if they return,I would simply call the game warden and tell him you have trespassers and let him deal with them.If the land owner has to be the one to call then make a call to the dnr and one to the landowner.Simply shooing them off wont sink in like getting in a little trouble over it.

Quick Reply: Gotta love the orange army, they never disappoint!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.