Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

May be my Last

Old 11-26-2006, 11:57 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default May be my Last

Well guys I am off to take Gramps hunting. We went out yesterday and saw 9 tom's.

Gramps has been my No 1 partner since I was 12, being he is not doing well I feel this may be our last. 60 degrees outside, and I hope anything walks up. I told gramps he has the green light. One more would be nice!!
Old 11-26-2006, 12:01 PM

Default RE: May be my Last

Good luck!

I wish I had the oppurtunity to hunt with either one of my grandfathers. Your'e lucky.
Old 11-26-2006, 12:04 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: ducsauce

Good luck!

I wish I had the oppurtunity to hunt with either one of my grandfathers. Your'e lucky.
I know, sometimes we get spoiled, here am asking for 1 more, and some guys never have even had 1[X(]

Old 11-26-2006, 12:05 PM
Banned

Good luck!! My grandpa is responsible for turning me on to hunting and the great outdoors. He is 84 and I dread the day when he can't go in the woods with me or we lose him.
Old 11-26-2006, 12:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

Good luck to you both and relish the time you share with him.
Old 11-26-2006, 12:39 PM
BKA

You know I hope the time is well spent and even if he is unable to continue to hunt with you for whatever reason he will always be there with you in the woods. When my dad had to stop hunting I would always share the hunts with him from the alarm going off until fixing the dinner. We would share memories of our old hunts and whatever else he wanted to talk about. He passed away in aug of 2001 and I had not gotten to hunt very much due to injuries from an accidentand mostly because of work. But this year I have gotten to hunt more then I have in a long time. I chose to use my dads remington 244 on the first day of gun season and was blessed to harvest a nice 7 point early in the day. After the moment of the shot and seeing him go down I had this feeling that he was right there with me as he often was when I was growing up. So this deer had more meaning to me then just putting meat on the table.
Old 11-26-2006, 12:40 PM

Best of luck! Any chance you could video it? Would make for a nice memory.
Old 11-26-2006, 12:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

good luck
Old 11-26-2006, 02:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

Good deal! I'm going to turn my grand kids against their parents because they will try and stop me from 1 more. I'm starting on them early.

Here's hoping Grandpa is given more until he breaths his last.Knock'm down Grandpa!
Old 11-26-2006, 02:31 PM

Wonderful sentiment Germ. Thank you.

I never really knew my Grandpa's. Both were gone before I was born, and a step grandpa died when I was very young. I only have one memory of him, from when I was about 5 years old. I lost my dad when I was about 30. I too understand the dream of one more. Many times I find myself wishing for the chance to go hunting with my dad. But I know he is with me in my heart, every time I go out, and I can feel his presence with me in my stand, and I have to smile, cause he is in a better place where every buck walking by is a trophy, and every shot is perfect. Where as, I am still stuck down here, watching spikes and fork horns ( neither legal in my State ) and struggling to bring one shooter in with my " buck growl. " LOL......Then I hear him laugh......Not at me, but with me... and all is well.

May we all learn to cherish the love and wisdom of the " Seniors " in our lives, and appreciate them while we still have them in our lives.

God bless

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.