Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

May be my Last

Old 11-26-2006, 02:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: May be my Last

ORIGINAL: MichaelT.

Wonderful sentiment Germ. Thank you.

I never really knew my Grandpa's. Both were gone before I was born, and a step grandpa died when I was very young. I only have one memory of him, from when I was about 5 years old. I lost my dad when I was about 30. I too understand the dream of one more. Many times I find myself wishing for the chance to go hunting with my dad. But I know he is with me in my heart, every time I go out, and I can feel his presence with me in my stand, and I have to smile, cause he is in a better place where every buck walking by is a trophy, and every shot is perfect. Where as, I am still stuck down here, watching spikes and fork horns ( neither legal in my State ) and struggling to bring one shooter in with my " buck growl. " LOL......Then I hear him laugh......Not at me, but with me... and all is well.

May we all learn to cherish the love and wisdom of the " Seniors " in our lives, and appreciate them while we still have them in our lives.

God bless
Much respect!
Old 11-26-2006, 02:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

i never knew any of my grandparents and i get a heart warming feeling when i hear stories of the great memories you all have had with them.i hope i am old whenever i see my father pass away and that my children can learn from him.
Old 11-26-2006, 03:05 PM
Typical Buck

My gramps has passed but I'll always have the memories.The camp just below ours we are very close with we all hunt each others land, except were ole joe sits thats his spot and we respect it he is 97 and still able to outsit us in the most misreble weather thrown at us. He hasn't been sucessful lately but he still goes a true inspiration to us all

Germ enjoy maybe you'll be surprised those ole guys are alot tougher than us young whippersnappers!!
Old 11-26-2006, 05:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

well did he shoot a booner germ
Old 11-26-2006, 06:53 PM
Typical Buck

I loss my grandfather two years ago and I was fortunate to go on his last hunt with him before he got sick. Even thou we didn't see anything,it is a hunt that i will forever remember.I was lucky to grow up with a father and grandfather who hunted. They taught me things that I will pass on to my kids and grandkids. Enjoy these times together. Good Luck and God Bless
Old 11-26-2006, 08:43 PM

Good luck, man you're lucky to have your Gramp with you, enjoy it always as if it was the last!! , hope you get it , I'm not very good in my english sometimes!
Old 11-26-2006, 08:49 PM
Spike

ORIGINAL: ducsauce

Good luck!

I wish I had the oppurtunity to hunt with either one of my grandfathers. Your'e lucky.
I wish i also could hunt with my grandpas.. My moms dad was a big time deer hunter and used to take my older brother (23) and my dad.. my dad still went for a while after grandpa died but then my parents got divorced and he had only taken 1 son (who isnt even close to in love with hunting as i am) deer hunting... soo i havent even had my own DAD share the outdoors with me. I have a good friend who owns an archery shop in Central Illinois and he is in his 40's but he took me in and showed me the ropes in hunting
Old 11-26-2006, 08:52 PM

That's awesome that you and your grandfather still get to hunt together. I am fortunate that my 70 year old grandpa still rifle hunts with us. This year he shot a five pointer, which we try to let grow on our property, but him still being able to hunt is better than letting a deer grow.
Old 11-26-2006, 09:43 PM
Boone & Crockett

Germ, best of luck for seasons to come. I always explain that I am a self taught bowhunter. I had no one in my family that bowhunted when I started in my early teens. However,

My grandfather use to take me for walks when he hunted grouse and other upland birds with his Weimer "Duke". He'd point the bird out to me before they flushed it. I don't have that many memories of him other than those few times but they are vivid in my brain. He was a rough man but had a soft spot for us kids.

Blessed you are for having these times with him and I pray for continued success.
Old 11-26-2006, 10:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good Luck and Go get em'!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.