Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

the new hoyt silent shot technology

Old 11-26-2006, 08:15 AM
Fork Horn

Default the new hoyt silent shot technology

i shoot a hoyt trykon and was curious is anyone knew if you could install the new sst from the new vectrix to a trykon?
Old 11-26-2006, 08:42 AM

Default RE: the new hoyt silent shot technology

Welcome to the forum!

I don't know if you can do that or not, but I doubt it. Get yourself an STS. It does the same thing.
Old 11-26-2006, 10:00 AM
Fork Horn

is the sts really all they make it out to be?[:-]what are the advantages of the sts and what does it actually do, i've never really looked in to them that much
Old 11-26-2006, 11:42 AM
Banned

A set of rubber car whiskers on your Trykon will make it whisper quiet. Leave your factory alpha shocks on and add the Cat whiskers. It made mine and my wifes' Trykon as well as many other guys' bows super quiet. Total cost is $2.00 and 5 minutes to install.
Old 11-26-2006, 12:55 PM

The STS and StealthShot are similar, but not equal. The StealthShot actually grabs the string for just a split second instead of just cushioning it like the STS does.

As far as adding it on.....I'm not sure, but I don't think so. I believe the new Trykons have threaded hole machined into the riser for that purpose....I could be wrong though...
Old 11-26-2006, 01:17 PM

i shoot a hoyt you might be able to use it but i doubt it
Old 11-26-2006, 01:19 PM

ORIGINAL: hardcorehunter

A set of rubber car whiskers on your Trykon will make it whisper quiet. Leave your factory alpha shocks on and add the Cat whiskers. It made mine and my wifes' Trykon as well as many other guys' bows super quiet. Total cost is $2.00 and 5 minutes to install.
Not on mine it didn't. Not even close. My Trykon had apretty irritating string buzz with just the cats whiskers. Once the STS was added, it really deadened the whole shot and made the bow veryquiet.

Do what you want, but I'd get the STS. It's a huge inmprovement. It's no accident thatHoyt added their version of the STSon the new Vectrix.
Old 11-26-2006, 01:31 PM

another thing about the real STS it goes up closer to nock more center to the string were it lets the arrow release the same place everytime. the hoyt thing is down @ the bottom were it's really useless IMO for that reason might take that buzz out but your still getting alot of string movement after the shot. Thats just my take on it.