Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Hoyt heading south

Old 11-27-2006, 06:22 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Hoyt heading south

HCH....Really, now.....what's the rub with Mathews? Would they not put you on staff, or something?

I already know the answer to this.....but have you actually seen and held Mathews new bow? Yes/no? Was the XT not an innovation?

I put Shrewd grip on my bow myself....and I know NOTHING about being a bowyer. I knew I didn't like the stock grip....but I also had $50 to make a change.

My poor old Mathews 64 lb switchback is still capable of taking 4 deer this year.

I really am not trying to argue....I really enjoy your posts. I just wonder what Mathews did to you for you to take it so personally against them in ANY opportunity you get.

Jeff
Old 11-27-2006, 06:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: SBGobblers

I just wonder what Mathews did to you for you to take it so personally against them in ANY opportunity you get.

Jeff
I know, it gets really really old. The company puts more back into the sport of archery than any other bow manufacturer, and this is what they get in return. If people don't like them thats respectable, but the trash talk on here really gets old.

I think at the smackdown we should make a little bet with all the Mathews haters. If you can beat my Mathews on the 3D course, I get to take a picture of you kissing my bow and you have to sign the picture. I would be glad to do the same even thoughI am supposedly at such a disadvantage shooting a Mathews. [8D] What do you guys think?

Old 11-27-2006, 07:47 AM
Giant Nontypical

If you can beat my Mathews on the 3D course, I get to take a picture of you kissing my bow and you have to sign the picture.
I don't have to beat the bow. All's I gotta beat is YOU.And shouldn'tYOU be the one who's planting lip gloss onMY bow for the photo when you fall in mean defeat?[8D]

Hoyt has always had premium prices on their high end bows. At the same time, they had a very good selection of budget and mid-range bows to choose from. What they've done nowis taken their budget bows and most of their mid-range bows and put them in the Reflex line.

But I have to say, it was Mathews who kicked the hole in the ceiling. Bow companies always before kept their prices reasonable, thinking archers were too smart to pay the same price for a bow as they'd have to pay fora verynice rifle, complete with scope and accessories. Matt McPherson showed them that a new generation of archers was coming along, with a lot more money than sense.

So, as far as skyrocketing prices go, I have to say Mathews was most definitely the trend setter.
Old 11-27-2006, 07:54 AM
Dominant Buck

Well hell.....if YOU can't afford one....don't be mad at me because I CAN.

Jeff
Old 11-27-2006, 08:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Arthur P

I don't have to beat the bow. All's I gotta beat is YOU.And shouldn'tYOU be the one who's planting lip gloss onMY bow for the photo when you fall in mean defeat?[8D]
If you can beat me, I will gladly smooch your weapon of choice on camera.........that's what I meant. This should be a fun little bet..........anyone else want in?

Old 11-27-2006, 08:06 AM
Banned

ORIGINAL: SBGobblers

HCH....Really, now.....what's the rub with Mathews? Would they not put you on staff, or something?

I already know the answer to this.....but have you actually seen and held Mathews new bow? Yes/no? Was the XT not an innovation?

I put Shrewd grip on my bow myself....and I know NOTHING about being a bowyer. I knew I didn't like the stock grip....but I also had $50 to make a change.

My poor old Mathews 64 lb switchback is still capable of taking 4 deer this year.

I really am not trying to argue....I really enjoy your posts. I just wonder what Mathews did to you for you to take it so personally against them in ANY opportunity you get.

Jeff
'Cause you, Motown, and TeeJay like them and you are all fun to tease.When I bought a backup bow this yearI shot the Switchback XT against the BowtechAllegience and the Bowtech Tribute. I bought the Tribute. When I bought my Hoyt Xtec in Dec of 2003 I honestly went in to buy the Mathews LX. I had been shooting a 20 year old Bear Alskan II and a recurve and had not shot a new bow in 20 yrs. I wanted new technology and I had been plummeled with Mathews ads everywhere so I went into the pro shop and said I wanted the new Mathews LX as it is the best bow on the market from what I hear on the ads everywhere. The dealer said that he would put his Hoyt Xtec against the LX or any Mathews and that I should try both. This is a true story. I didn't know crap about Hoyt or Mathews; just shot them back to back as he is a dealer for both. I walked out with the Hoyt. There is no right or wrong answer on bows; it's just what you like. You Mathews' guys are just so easy to get a rise out of.
Old 11-27-2006, 08:39 AM
Dominant Buck

Yeah, HCH.....like when I told you of my similar experience with the Hoyt I went in to buy........and left still owning a Mathews??

Watch your blood pressure...

Jeff
Old 11-27-2006, 11:06 AM

You ever notice how "bitchy" these girls get when talking about their brand preferences. I'll bet most of them wouldn't defend their wives so vigorously! LOL
Old 11-27-2006, 12:45 PM

MichaelT
I was talking about Hoyt,with their little extra "brace" thing on the back of the riser.
Makes it look like Warf's battle sword thing
Old 11-27-2006, 02:15 PM

Hell, that's cheap, have you priced a top of the line longbow lately?

Quick Reply: Hoyt heading south

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.