Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Hoyt heading south

Old 11-25-2006, 08:50 PM
Banned

Default RE: Hoyt heading south

ORIGINAL: MichaelT.

Hey HCH, who has the boring solocam with a fat grip?
Mathews

Hey Buellhunter, Who are you saying has the bow like warf would shoot?
Mathews; he was just agreeing, LOL.

I believe you guys are talking talking about two different bows, but you said "plus" at the start of your sentance, Buellhunter, making me think you are referring to one company.

I think HCH is speaking of Hoyt, and Buell is speaking of Bowtech. Am I wrong?

Thanks guys,

God bless
Old 11-26-2006, 08:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

I don't watch TV, but my last trip to my brothers was as usual filled with the latest hunting shows he tvo's before I get there. I was amazed at the advertising Hoyt does. That in it's self was alarming to me. It is one of the reasons I don't care for Mathews and TC. I have issues with Hoyt's customer service already. They can't even provide an email link.
Old 11-26-2006, 09:01 AM
Dominant Buck

They have to pay off all those high priced hired guns that shoot for them somehow. It takes money and you have to pay for it.[&:]
Old 11-26-2006, 12:52 PM
BKA

You know Hoyt's have been around longer then many of the bow companies out there now. They have a huge proven track record that is pretty hard to argue against. If I remember correctly the prices between last years bow's offered by hoyt and this years is not much different so maybe that could just be your dealers doing. Now there is this other company called Reflex.... it is hoyts lower priced line of bows... kind of like Diamond is Bowtech's lower priced lineup. As far as the debate between mathews, hoyt, pse, darton, bowtech, browning, etc etc that will never end and if you shoot something that you like and shoot it well then good but dont bash someone for what they shoot. Not saying that is happening in this thread but it happens alot.

So if you dont like the prices of the new bows look at a cheaper line or buy a used one.

Oh I dont remember seeing very many commercials/ads for hoyt on hunting shows or in mags compared to the number of commercials/ads for mathews.
Old 11-26-2006, 01:09 PM

[:@]ya i feel the same way if they want to keep running i think they need to lower the prices just a bit!!! i shoot a hoyt and im looking for a new one so i hope they do drop the prices get any deer this year?
Old 11-26-2006, 01:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'm going to replace my bow with another hoyt. Sucks to hear about the price raising but to me anyway, its well worth the price
Old 11-26-2006, 02:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

hey hey hey, whats with the bashing.
I hear matthews is actually coming out with a lower priced bow, it's called the *******..... bahahahahah. I dont care who you are, thats there's funny right there.
Old 11-26-2006, 02:37 PM

No matter. I would bet dollars to doughnuts Hoyt sells more bows this year than last....
they should with everyone dumping the trykon !J/K
Old 11-26-2006, 02:50 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: BKA

You know Hoyt's have been around longer then many of the bow companies out there now. They have a huge proven track record that is pretty hard to argue against. If I remember correctly the prices between last years bow's offered by hoyt and this years is not much different so maybe that could just be your dealers doing. Now there is this other company called Reflex.... it is hoyts lower priced line of bows... kind of like Diamond is Bowtech's lower priced lineup. As far as the debate between mathews, hoyt, pse, darton, bowtech, browning, etc etc that will never end and if you shoot something that you like and shoot it well then good but dont bash someone for what they shoot. Not saying that is happening in this thread but it happens alot.

So if you dont like the prices of the new bows look at a cheaper line or buy a used one.

Oh I dont remember seeing very many commercials/ads for hoyt on hunting shows or in mags compared to the number of commercials/ads for mathews.
My 2004 Hoyt Xtec and my 2006 Trykon were the same price; $699; so was my Bowtech Tribute.This year the Vectrix is $729. Not much of a price increase in 3 years but the damn price of gas for their shipping and suppliers' parts have skyrocketed. The top of the line gunmakers' gunscost more than the top of the line Hoyts' do. Hoyt has been making bows for 76 years; they have forgot more about making bows than the rest of the bowmakers know.
Old 11-26-2006, 02:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

guys im not trying to bash a company, i just wanted to see what everyone else thought on the subject, but see matthews new bow msrp is something like $829 [:-], all they need is a couple more harmonic dampners and theyll be 1g

Quick Reply: Hoyt heading south

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.