Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Animal Rights group report on bowhunting - makes me SICK

Old 11-24-2006, 08:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Animal Rights group report on bowhunting - makes me SICK

What a bunch of BS. It looks a little dated but its still a crock. So many lies.

http://www.animalrightscoalition.com/doc/bowhunting_report.pdf
Old 11-24-2006, 09:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Animal Rights group report on bowhunting - makes me SICK

Your right just a huge pile of crap . They are always a fountain of misinformation
Old 11-24-2006, 09:07 AM
Boone & Crockett

Just knowing the are using the inventor of the pod as a source makesthis article suspect, he was trying to get people and states to legalize the pod by stating high wounding rates.
Old 11-24-2006, 09:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Even though this article is nothing but lies, misinformation, and propaganda it did make me think about one thing.

Why don't we require people to pass an archery skills test before getting a bow license? If a person can't put 4 out of 5 in the vitals on a 3d target at 20 yards they should not be allowed to have a hunting license in my opinion.

I knowa guy at work that shoots 3 arrows the night before the opener and that's it ALLSEASON. Hewounded one and missed one last year. Guys like that should not be allowed to bowhuntIMO.
Old 11-24-2006, 11:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well, I am an avidhunter. I use a bow, a shotgun and a rifle, which I have stated on previous occasions. I read the report. My opinion (Note I said opinion) is - even though I'm sure that all these statistics have been shaped to fit their views, there is some merit to this study. I don't agree with the intentions of the report at all, and do support hunting as well as bow hunting. But... How many threads must we read titled "I shot one, now what?" Kind of ironic that I would write this next statment given my previous one, but no one seems to be seeing the big picture - how about we all just shut-up and track after we shoot an animal? Going online isn't going to find it for you... anyone can read what we type here, and OUR words/statments are not helping our cause.
I couldn't agree more with gzg38b, how about having to pass a test? Hey here is an idea - give yourself one. Be hard on yourself and don't allow yourself to go hunting until you pass! we would all benefit in the long run.
Old 11-24-2006, 01:59 PM

Amen to gzg38b and Killer Primate! Where's the offering plate?
Old 11-24-2006, 03:30 PM

[:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(]Just sickining[:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(]
Old 11-24-2006, 03:45 PM
Spike

Boy ..I really agree with you guys! There is not near enough education on archery hunting out there. You'd be surprised how many hunters are out there that have no clue on how to track a wounded deer! I've heard about hunters that hit a deer ..and if they don't see it fall...they just wait for the next one to come along! This just makes all us serious and responsible hunters look bad.As was already mentioned, there are also alot of hunters that never shoot an arrow from one year to the next! There needs to be some kind of testing.... I know this would be difficult, and there would be certain hunters that feel their rights were being infringed upon, but testing would weed out most of the less serious hunters, and make better hunters out of the ones that are less educated!I also beleive one of the best ways would be having youth hunters pass an archery huntingtestin addition to a general hunters safety test before they arepermitted in the woods.If a youth hunter chooses not to take the archery test and just take the general hunting test, than he or she would still be permitted to hunt, just not in archery season.
Old 11-24-2006, 04:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Without question, the portion of deer hit and not recovered in bowhunting is much higher than it is in gun hunting. That's just the reality of the sport. So the dilema sooner or later becomes how to justify the certainty of inflicting more pain and suffering vs. less should should bow hunting be eliminated. I don't have a good answer for that. All I know is that I love bow hunting with a passion and would be sick if it were ever to be banned. I'm not however going to pretend that it is necessary because it isn't. I'm also not going to pretend that the rate of cripling losses are anywhere near as low as in gun hunting because they're not. All I can do is my best to maximize the possibility that I make a good high percentage shot and accept the fact that now and then things will go wrong. I can only take solice in the idea that all things considered, natures way offers a far cruler scenario.
Old 11-24-2006, 05:22 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Killer_Primate

Well, I am an avidhunter. I use a bow, a shotgun and a rifle, which I have stated on previous occasions. I read the report. My opinion (Note I said opinion) is - even though I'm sure that all these statistics have been shaped to fit their views, there is some merit to this study. I don't agree with the intentions of the report at all, and do support hunting as well as bow hunting. But... How many threads must we read titled "I shot one, now what?" Kind of ironic that I would write this next statment given my previous one, but no one seems to be seeing the big picture - how about we all just shut-up and track after we shoot an animal? Going online isn't going to find it for you... anyone can read what we type here, and OUR words/statments are not helping our cause.
I couldn't agree more with gzg38b, how about having to pass a test? Hey here is an idea - give yourself one. Be hard on yourself and don't allow yourself to go hunting until you pass! we would all benefit in the long run.
I agree 100%

Remembre this an Idiot with a bow gets one bad shot, an Idiot with a gun gets at least 5. Sometimes the law of quanity helps

Why guys who muzzleload are less then the guys who rifle hunt. Sometimes one shot is not enough for some of our fellow hunters!!

I help track a deer was shot at 15 times, only hit once. Sad thing is I had the eight in front opening morning, now I wish I would have shot the poor guy.

Yes gun hunting has less wouding, because the Idiot hunter(note hunter, an idiot is an idiot gun or bow)can shoot more[&:]

Quick Reply: Animal Rights group report on bowhunting - makes me SICK

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.