Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

is this considerd baiting?

Old 11-23-2006, 08:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default is this considerd baiting?

if you hunt over a planted feild such as corn or what ever it is, is this baiting, and illegal in no baiting states?
Old 11-23-2006, 09:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: is this considerd baiting?

In MB it is. Any standing crop you are not allowed to hunt. You also have to be 400m away. Anyone can correct me if I'm wrong. Its also a rule that I have never heard of being observed. I will look it up/call the DNR about it.
Old 11-23-2006, 09:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wow, in Minnesota it is not. And we are the land of 10,000 laws.
Old 11-23-2006, 09:08 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: sandilands

In MB it is. Any standing crop you are not allowed to hunt. You also have to be 400m away. Anyone can correct me if I'm wrong. Its also a rule that I have never heard of being observed. I will look it up/call the DNR about it.
Where's MB? That's ridiculous. In PA it is not considered baiting to hunt over a standing or harvested crop field of any kind. It is not baiting to hunt over an apple tree, you just cannot add apples. Anything that is naturally grown is not baiting, including food plots regardless of size.
Old 11-23-2006, 09:12 PM
Dominant Buck

MB has me stumped too. Where is MB????[&:] Most places I've heard of it's OK to hunt a planted field. Where they really have a problem is when people seed the plot with a little cracked corn or something that's NOT the field. They'll write you up in a heart beat in Non-baiting states for that.
Old 11-23-2006, 09:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Canada....... b/w ONT and SASK...... you know manitoba. Like I said I may be wrong, I hunt big woods so don't keep up with laws regarding farm hunts. It may also be only for cut crops that haven't been harvested....... thats where I'm not sure.[&:]I have been hunting this year since Aug 28..... and I have yet to see a game warden, actually in the last 8yrs I have run into the wardens 2x.
Old 11-23-2006, 09:26 PM
Banned

Read your state regs. It is legal in IA. IA regs spell it out clearly on what is considered baiting and what is not.
Old 11-24-2006, 05:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

You can hunt over a planted field food plot or any other grown plant in my state R.I.
Old 11-24-2006, 05:33 AM

ORIGINAL: sandilands

Direct from Mantioba regulations.

Baiting
Bait is any thing that is placed for luring or attracting big game, but does not include decoys, scents or chemical attractants.
It is illegal to:[*]Place bait for the purposes of hunting a big game animal, excluding black bear or grey wolf, or to hunt within 800 metres of bait placed for the purposes of hunting in all areas of Manitoba.[*]Hunt any cervids within 800 metres of anything posted by a Natural Resources Officer as a cervid bait.
[ul][/ul]

Id hunt over a standing or cut field in Manitoba,, and if they charged me id fight it in court, and win!
Old 11-24-2006, 07:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

I read a very easy rule of thumb from the DNR's website a while back regarding baiting.

If it grows on the grounds then it is not baiting. If it is placed on the grounds then it is baiting.

So, throwing corn on the ground is baiting, but once that corn takes root and begins to grow, then it is not baiting.

If an apple tree is on the property and it drops apples = that is not baiting since those apples where grown there on the grounds. But if you bring in a bushel of apples and dump them = thats baiting.

Quick Reply: is this considerd baiting?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.