Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Excited Iowan!!!

Old 11-24-2006, 06:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Excited Iowan!!!

I can bow hunt through all the seasons Oct1- Jan 31 . HCH that seems a little crazy to be able to carry a bow, muzzle , and pistol all at the same time
Old 11-24-2006, 07:58 AM
Banned

ORIGINAL: Buellhunter

HCH
I thought they have opened up part of Southern Iowa to centerfire rifles during an early season?
Buell. that is just that late Januaryanterless southern county area. It has no impact on bucks' lives.
Old 11-24-2006, 08:09 AM
Banned

ORIGINAL: Rhody Hunter

I can bow hunt through all the seasons Oct1- Jan 31 . HCH that seems a little crazy to be able to carry a bow, muzzle , and pistol all at the same time
Yea, I wouldn't want to lug all three. Last year I carried my muzzleloader and my scoped .500 S&W in a shoulder holster. IA shotgun and late muzzleloader seasons allow a handgun to be used as the firearm if you choose, so they just opened it one more by saying that you can skip the firearm all together andfill your late season muzzleloader with your bow. If you are carrying the firearms though, you must be clad in hunter orange. If you carry a bow only during this season, camo is OK.
Old 11-24-2006, 09:04 AM
Boone & Crockett

Md has no gun hunting during the rut either. Gun season starts the Sat after Thanksgivingand the rut has run it's course by thenbut one formor anotherof gun hunting runsfrom thentill the end of bow season which is Jan 31. There is an early ML season about the 3rd week of Oct before the rut kicks in though. You can hunt with bow during any of theses seasons provideing you play by the gun season rules ie wearing orange.
BTW HC, I'll ride my scooter out there if you providethe hunt