Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Don't mind my pity party..

Old 11-23-2006, 09:22 PM
Banned

Default RE: Don't mind my pity party..

The big boys are looking for that last doe to breed and I would hunt funnels and aggressively rattle. I have rattled a lot of bucks in on thanksgiving morning in years' past. This was the 1st year in at least 15 that I did not go this am. I have filled my buck tag but I still have doe tags but had too much to do today for our thanksgiving dinner.
Old 11-23-2006, 10:13 PM

I seem to be pretty lucky this year. Maybe when we get together over x-mas I can rub some of my luck onto you. Til then just keep at em. Good luck.
Old 11-24-2006, 07:36 AM

I'd trade places with you in a heart beat. We've been done here for a couple weeks now. At least you are still hunting.

Maybe instead of hunting so hard, and turning it into a job, you go the other way and take a more relaxed approach. Stop, have a little breakfast. Get there after the sun comes up, or sleep in and hit the stand at 9:00 or 10:00. Just a thought.

Stick with it.
Old 11-24-2006, 08:24 AM

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! Quit yer Crying Don!!!! Just kidding! I know how ya feel. I've been down that road. Just stick with i, because when you least expect it that is when that big boy will show up. Now get out there and hunt!