Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How far do you have to be fom a house hold?

Old 11-23-2006, 03:37 PM

Default How far do you have to be fom a house hold?

Just wodering if anyone new how far I would have to be from a house in order to eliminate a couple of pesky deer. Oh yeah in IL

Old 11-23-2006, 04:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: How far do you have to be fom a house hold?

I hunt about 150-200 yards from my house most of the time....in IL.
Old 11-23-2006, 05:31 PM

Michigan:
Safety zones are all areas within 150 yards of an occupied building, house, cabin, or barn or other building used in a farm operation. No person, including archery and crossbow hunters, may hunt or discharge a firearm, crossbow or bow and arrow in a safety zone, or shoot at any wild animal or wild bird within a safety zone, without the written permission of the owner or occupant of such safety zone. The safety zone applies to hunting only. It does not apply to indoor or outdoor shooting ranges, target shooting, law enforcement activities or the discharge of firearms, crossbows or bow and arrow for any non-hunting purpose.
Old 11-23-2006, 05:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

its 100 yds here
Old 11-23-2006, 05:51 PM
Dominant Buck

Depends on State and local laws, whether you own it or someone else and have permission and all that. Read the book.[8D]
Old 11-23-2006, 06:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

now that davidmil said that i think it is 100 yds unless you have permission, just go to the website or read the book my friend
Old 11-23-2006, 06:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

for bow it is 100 yards without permission from the occupant of the home , for shotgun it is 300 yards without permission . if you have written permission there are no limits
Old 11-23-2006, 06:15 PM

Can sit up on the house if ya want here as long as ya got permission. However if not you must remain 500 yards from all occupied farmsights as well as livestock. This law cost me a big boy last year. Was driving home from huntin 10 miles north. Seen this buck 150 yards away up on the hill slammed on the brakes, holy chit thats the biggest deer i ever seen, gotta be a mulie hey. Turned its head nope 100% pure booney whitetail whipped into the guys house who was 200 yards away, he gave me the nod to take the buck. Ran back on foot and he was gone. Spent the rest of the day and the rest of the season in fact looking for him but no dice. Kicked myself but you know the one time you don't ask and shoot thats when ya get busted, better safe than sorry not worth it.
Old 11-23-2006, 07:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

100yds with a firearm and 50yds with a bow in Pa.
Old 11-23-2006, 08:51 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: JimPic

100yds with a firearm and 50yds with a bow in Pa.
Jim, isn't it 150 yards in PA? And like above, that is without permission, with it, you can sit on the porch.

Quick Reply: How far do you have to be fom a house hold?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.