Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Camless Bow

Old 11-24-2006, 03:01 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Camless Bow

ORIGINAL: Arthur P

C'mon, guys... The limbs don't come together. The string stops the lever limb from ever touching the power limb. DUH![8D]
It looks to me as if the limbs do rest together in those videos well at least it appears to have a dampening system there. They seem very quiet in the video.

All, I wouldn't discount them until I actually shot them.
Old 11-24-2006, 03:09 PM

ORIGINAL: Raxxmaster

I bet it's loud when those limbs come together.
If you look at their bow models section, you can watch and hear video of these bows being shot. Let me tell you, they are pretty darn quiet!
Old 11-24-2006, 04:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

Rob, don't tell me you've never examined an Onieda!?!

Each limb on the bow is made of three components. A stiff lever limb (that curved piece at the ends), a bending power limb and a strong precision hinge. What looks to you like a'damping system' is actually the hinge. The lever limbs are mounted to thehinges whichare mounted to the power limbs. The string stops the lower ends of the lever limbs from going far enough forward to hit the power limbs. So, the lever limbs never contact the power limbs at all, unless the string breaks. And a string breaking will causeexcessivenoise anyway.[:-]
Old 11-24-2006, 04:22 PM
Boone & Crockett

Honesty AP, No I haven't really. In all my years of working shops etc..the only one I've ever seen is at 3D shoot, that one was noisy but that video sounded pretty quiet. Sorry, never layed hands on one.

I wouldn't mind shooting that Monster just to see. Thanks.

Old 11-24-2006, 10:21 PM
Typical Buck

I saw ted nugent shoot one of these bows on the super group reality show that aired recently on MTV and it didnt sound loud but that was on tv so I would have to shoot one to find out weather or not I liked it,having said that I have shotswitchback,supertech,slayer,mach-X,ar, and alot of the big name bows on the market today and Icant say I have ever shot a bow that compares to my bowtech old glory(05) after I put the sts,limbsaver xtremes,ultras, and whatever else I have on the thing-no hand shock,fast(300 fps with 400 gr @ 29 1/2)and unbelivable accuracy at 100 yards+....(ps to get that speed I take everything off the string but the peep,sts takes care of quiet) this is my humble opinion.But the bow looks pretty cool if you ask me and I`m sure the nuge will kill a doe or two with it...haha
Old 11-25-2006, 04:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yup, Arthur is right. The limbs do not hit. and What you see inbetween the limbs is probably a Limbsaver Mini, because the limbs come close to touching, but don't actually. Its an old trick Oneida shooters have done for years.
Old 11-26-2006, 05:56 AM
Fork Horn

The Nuge shoots these on "THE SPIRIT OF THE WILD" Doesn't he? At least it looks something like that, and he still completes his venison mission and collects protein rich back straps from the worlds greatest renewble resource.
Old 11-26-2006, 05:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

The Nuge shoots a CP Oneida Eagle Black Eagle
Old 11-26-2006, 07:41 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Campo

ORIGINAL: Raxxmaster

I bet it's loud when those limbs come together.
If you look at their bow models section, you can watch and hear video of these bows being shot. Let me tell you, they are pretty darn quiet!
Yeah, they were pretty quiet in the video.