Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

1st time in the stand

Old 11-20-2006, 04:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default 1st time in the stand

I know it's stated a lot where the best time you have to kill a deer is the 1st time in the particular stand.
Boy has that rang true for me over the past several years. I have only recently started keeping track of that tidbit of info and it's been rather successful.
The last 3 bucks I've taken have all been the during 1st time hunting that location, and 12 of the last 13 deer I shot have beenduring the 1st time into a location.
Old 11-20-2006, 04:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: 1st time in the stand

This doesn't hold true with me. I have never arrowed a mature buck the first time I ever sat a particular stand.

However in the begining of my hunting career I shot 1.5 and 2.5 year old bucks my first sit in a stand location.

[/align]
Old 11-20-2006, 04:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 1st time in the stand

Nobody in their right mind would argue with your success, Ryan.
I know you are no E.F. Hutton. but latelyI tend to listen when you
have something to say.
I have been thinking along the same lines lately. It seems that the deer
have patterned my family's and my hunting habits. I'm thinking of going with the Summit climber more next year and abandoning the fixed
stands somewhat.
I have to admit though that I did watch a big buck walk out past my lower
stand this year and I was, of course, in the stand up top on the hill. I should have listened to that inner voice that morning, telling me to sit
the lower stand that day.
AHHH, REGRETS!
Old 11-20-2006, 06:21 PM

Default RE: 1st time in the stand SUMMIT CLIMBER

A note on the Summit climber. I have a 2004 model Summit Goliath. I'm a big guy and this thing accomodates me very well! I absolutely love it for it's ease of operation, comfort, stability,sturdy constructionand quietness.Being constructed of light weight aluminum is a bonus too! Don't mistake the aluminum for not being rugged, this thing is solid. If I was going to buy another climber tomorrow it would be a Summit Goliath. This is basically the same model as the viper, but has a 350 lbs weight rating. I know I probably sound like a Summit salesman. I assure you I am not, I just love my climber that much! I harvested one deer in 04 and two in 05 from this climber. I'm still working on my 06 harvest. Good luck to all and I hope this info helps!!

Old 11-20-2006, 06:43 PM
Fork Horn

Pigs on the Wing (Part Two) (Waters) 1:27

You know that I care what happens to you,
And I know that you care for me.
So I don't feel alone,
Or the weight of the stone,
Now that I've found somewhere safe
To bury my bone.
And any fool knows a dog needs a home,
A shelter from pigs on the wing.

Old 11-20-2006, 06:47 PM

ORIGINAL: Sarge17

A note on the Summit climber. I have a 2004 model Summit Goliath. I'm a big guy and this thing accomodates me very well! I absolutely love it for it's ease of operation, comfort, stability,sturdy constructionand quietness.Being constructed of light weight aluminum is a bonus too! Don't mistake the aluminum for not being rugged, this thing is solid. If I was going to buy another climber tomorrow it would be a Summit Goliath. This is basically the same model as the viper, but has a 350 lbs weight rating. I know I probably sound like a Summit salesman. I assure you I am not, I just love my climber that much! I harvested one deer in 04 and two in 05 from this climber. I'm still working on my 06 harvest. Good luck to all and I hope this info helps!!

Yeah, you sure do sound like a summit salesman! I have the Razor and love that sucker.
Old 11-20-2006, 06:55 PM
Fork Horn

Summit Goliath
Old 11-20-2006, 07:14 PM

yea out of my six climbers one of them is a summit viper, great climber,
Old 11-21-2006, 06:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

I love my goliath!

Old 11-21-2006, 06:39 AM
Super Moderator

Uh, after the Summit commercials...............while I agree the best time in a particular spot is the first time, it doesn't hold true for me when shooting deer.

Quick Reply: 1st time in the stand

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.