Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Global warming is real!

Old 11-20-2006, 06:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Global warming is real!

After a very nice weekend for hunting I just heard our forecast for the next few days. Highs over the Thanksgiving holiday are going to be in the mid to upper 70s. WHY? It is so frustrating! We have seen NO rut activity yet this year until this past couple of days. Finally start seeing a couple of small bucks with thier noses to the ground and think things are are ready to take off and now this. I'm afraid the high temps will push the rut nocturnal. Same thing happened last year. I had planned to hunt all 4 1/2 days I'm off for the holiday and I still will but it is so disheartening to hear a forcast like that.
OK, I'm done whining for now. Thank you for the shoulder to cry on.LOL.
Old 11-20-2006, 07:14 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Global warming is real!

Remember you are now the journeyman. You don't need no stinkin rut you have graduated to a full fledged hunting machine. Thought you could use a pep talk now get out there and enjoy the hunt 4 days of pure glory regardless of success. Best of luck journeyman
Old 11-20-2006, 07:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

The bucks are going to rut regardless of weather, its just going to be a lot more subdued and after dark. Keep your head up, get in your stand, and stay alert! It only takes a couple of seconds for everything to come together!
Old 11-20-2006, 10:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

Oh yeah, I'll be out there dusk to dawn on Thursday and Sunday. Friday and Saturday AM and PM hunts. I'll be ready, I just hate that the temps are so high this late in the year. I have until January 7th to fill another buck tag so there is no hurry. I just would like to see as much day time rut action as possible. Maybe I just need to get it done after work today or tomorrow and not worry about it.BTW, I bet I'd be whining if it was in the 20s. BOOHOO, its too cold! I need to just forget the temps and hunt! LOL!
Old 11-20-2006, 12:36 PM
Dominant Buck

If you were fat and wearing your winter coat would you want to do much when the temps are that high ? Hunt the beds , food , and water sources .