Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Fred Bear Element Rocks!!!

Old 11-19-2006, 04:17 PM

Default Fred Bear Element Rocks!!!

Well, I finally got a chance to shot my new bow today(I shot about 6 arrows when it was set up @ Sportsman's Warehouse). I'll tell you what, The Element is alot of bow for the price you pay. I had been shoting an Oneida Talon set @ 45 pounds. My Element is set @ 50 and that bow is like a missle launcher. Needless to say, I am very happy w/choice.
Old 11-19-2006, 04:41 PM

Default RE: Fred Bear Element Rocks!!!

Nice to hear, But if I recall correctly, I think my exact words to you were.... it is a lot of bow for the money.

Spend some time shooting it and getting the feel for it. Learn its qwerks, and its abilities. Really take the time to " LEARN " the bow, then come back and give us your specs and settings and just exactly what you think of the bow. I would like to hear a very experienced knowledgable critique of the bow. Also, if possible , shoot it through a chronograph and see what your true arrow speed is and give the weight of your arrow.Some people think that those are cheap, slow, and inferior bows, because they don't say bowtech, matthews, ross, martin, or any of the other high profile bow makers. I think a lot of them might be suprised at what can be had in a bow, for much less than some of those 800 - 1000 dollar bows. In fact they are only 300.00 dollars, and less on sale. But like I said, I personally would like to know the particulars on and about your bow, once you get accustomed to it and get the specs.

Thanks and I hope you enjoy the new bow.

Good hunting and God Bless

Old 11-19-2006, 05:40 PM
Fork Horn

Great to hear, I like my Whitetail Quest, Bear makes a good bow at a good price IMHO. Keep telling us about it. When I get a new bow I'll look at Bear first.
Old 11-19-2006, 06:08 PM

I looked at the Elemen at my local shop. They are selling it for $269.99 bare bow. I held it and spoke with the guy about it for some time. It felt great in my hand, but I didn't shoot it. My bow specs are in my signature. It's virtualy the same bow as a Bear Omni Pro. IBO is listed as 300. I'm shooting 245fps with a heavy arrow, that's not bad for a $250 bow. Bear has been around for a LONG time and I trust their equipment. I love my current bow, and my next will likely be a Bear as well.
Old 11-19-2006, 07:10 PM

If I'm correct, I think that Buckmasters and Fred Bear are both under the same parent company. Escalade Sports, right?
Old 11-19-2006, 07:19 PM

Oh, I see that Buckmasters is a Fred Bear bow. I had never seen one. Nice looking bow.
Old 11-19-2006, 07:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

I started shooting a buckmaster and loved it. Last year a got a G2 and it shoots great. I think that the Element is a really good bow and that just because it doesnt cost 800 dollars doesnt mean it isnt as good as those that are.
Old 11-19-2006, 08:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am a Fred Bear fan myself I have aTRX 32 for 3 years now. Shooting 286FPS. I even won a local 3D tournament with it.
Primos signed a 10 year contract with Fred Bear, they also have a new bow out called the Truth. Suppose to be a bad mutha.
Good luck with your new bow.
Old 11-19-2006, 08:25 PM
EBB
Spike

This was my first year with a bow and I also got the Element. With no experience of my own I didn't really think too much about brand names (because I didin't know any!) and once I began to do more research I thought I'd make a mistake since everyone shoots Matthews & Bowtech it seems.
Anyway, I had some more experienced archers try my Element and they were impressed.

It doesn't look as sexy as some bows, but the PROOF is in the pudding - my first shot in my life at an actual deer (after lots of target) was a clean kill at 30 yards.

It's set at 60 pounds right now.

Enjoy & Good Hunting!
Old 11-19-2006, 08:58 PM

I shoot that bow at sportsmenwerehouse and I was impres.I hope you get something with it.