Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Gander Mountain

Old 11-19-2006, 08:37 AM

Default RE: Gander Mountain

I dont know what kind of bow yet...It is my first bow so I dont want anything expensive yet something around 300.00 for my first one. What kind of bows do they sell there? I have only been there once. The one I go to is in Middletown NY...How much can you buy a Diamond setup for???
Thanks Guys.
Old 11-19-2006, 08:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Im sorry but you arnt going to get much of a set up for under 300$
Old 11-19-2006, 08:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

They have marked down to clearance out their 06's right now, so chances are you may be able to find a decent deal on a leftover Diamond.[/align][/align]At least they are at my local Gander.[/align]
Old 11-19-2006, 09:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm going to give you some different advice. If you want a great bow for around 300 bucks set up you should buy a used bow. Check the classifieds on this forum and archerytalk. There are some great bows for sale especially this time of year.

I just sold a nearly mint condition 3 year old Hoyt Razortec fully set up with sight, rest, arrows, and STS for $350. I'd much rather have a good used Hoyt Bowtech or Matthews than a lower quality brand new bow for the same price.
Old 11-19-2006, 11:52 AM

Yep, they're a great company and have awesome prices!
Old 11-19-2006, 01:32 PM
EBB
Spike

The guys at the Kingston store are fantastic. Honest, dedicated, knowlegable.
I had bought a bow at another store and was having problems - the Gander guys walked me through step by step showing me what the other place had done WRONG. They did not push a tune-up or parts on me, they made it my choice. They also didn't push the priciest things on me, they laid 'em all out.
Then the spent AN HOUR with me going over my form and technique, just because they're that good - no charge. Granted, it was a slow day... but they gained a lifelong devotee with that move.
Ask for Joe - I think he runs the archery shop.
Old 11-19-2006, 02:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

I purchased a PSE last year from Gander Mountain in WI. After visiting a few stores I actually payed a few bucks more at Gander because of the great helpI received from the staff. They were the only store to actually take time to educate me and let me try all the different bows to aid in my decision. And once I decided on my bow they were great at getting it setup and helping me understand how it works and how to make adjustments in the future as needed.

Definetly recommend Gander!

Old 11-19-2006, 05:43 PM

i got my pse at gander mountain in aurora colorado and there bow technician there is awesome
Old 11-19-2006, 07:08 PM

Well consensus has it I think....Everyone pretty much agrees that they know what they are doing and take the time to help which I like. Do you guys think I can find something here for 300.00 or even 350.00? Do they sell the Bear trx bows there? How much are their PSE bows there? Thanks guys...
Old 11-19-2006, 08:06 PM

i got a brand new pse nova there for $150 and it was the last one on the shelf another guy just bought one before i did. they usually have alot of bows for around 300

Quick Reply: Gander Mountain

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.