Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Swiftree Climbing sticks by Summit.

Old 11-19-2002, 03:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Swiftree Climbing sticks by Summit.

Anybody use these?

They look like exactly what I am looking for, but I would like to hear from you guys that might already own a set.

I have a Summit Bushmaster XLS, and I could not be more satisfied with it. Summit is a class act.

I read the info on their SwifTree Climbing sticks...17 feet when assembled, they weigh only 15 lbs, a 3 piece outfit.

I prefer to hunt on the high side, so 17 feet is about my minimum.

They also sell an extension which would put you even higher; would allow you to climb up and step down onto your stand, a much safer manuever than climb up onto your stand.

"Soon the entire place is alive, and sitting motionless, you realize that you have been placed in the center of its pulsating heart." - From an article by Carpicon at Huntcentral.com

Old 11-19-2002, 04:42 PM

Default RE: Swiftree Climbing sticks by Summit.

I used a set of Swiftree sticks this fall and was pleased. If you don't mind carrying it in, it's perfect for putting up and letting in the woods.

PBB

Pick a hair.....or a caruncle!!
Old 11-20-2002, 04:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have not used the swift tree ladder, but everything else I have used by summit has been outstanding. I like ladders in general as they are easier and safer to setup. The swift tree system has some nice saftey features in the rounded coverd steps and 17' is at least 5 feet longer than most other ladder systems I have seen. I am betting if you like Summit products you will love the Swift tree as well. I know I find myself leaving all my other stands at home except for my Golitath climber, and the Copperhead XL hang on. Both stands are so comfortable I can sit for long periods of time without being uncomortable.

TAKE YOUR KIDS HUNTING AND YOU WON'T BE HUNTING FOR YOUR KIDS
Old 11-20-2002, 09:40 AM

Ihave a set of Lonewolf climbing sticks, they are one of the best hunting purchases I have made. If you have a hang-on stand a set good climbing sticks is the way to go. Beats screw-in, hands down. You'll probably get your money's worth out of a set of Summitt's. It is soooo much easier to get up into the tree.

aka MALENURSE, aka Cajun67
Aim hard, aim harder!!
Old 11-20-2002, 06:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thanks for the replies, guys.

I am with you on the extra 5 feet, 5shot. That's is exactly why they appeal to me. That and the fact that Summit makes them.

I found them by shopping around on the net for $65!

Bayoubengals, I have a set and they are the way to go, but mine are only 12 feet high, so I wind up adding 4 or 5 screw-ins minimum to get as high as I like to hunt.

Of course, the downside is that unless you chain them somehow, they can get legs. Too bad we have thiefs in the woods with us all.

But I'll probably pick up a set of the Summits for my backyard stands.

After I bought my Summit Bushmaster XLS, I got a nice email from the guy that owns Summit. Good people.

I love that Bushmaster. I've customized it by adding a clip like the one that receives your quiver on your bow, and added a few side bags for all my calls and other toys.

I also slide a 3 inch piece of (new) rubber gasline hose under the cables after I close the gates...it silences the cables completely as you climb.